• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how much are you ment to eat 3 weeks post op?

fatbutnot4long

im nearly 3 weeks pos op and im on the soft food stage and mush but i can eat quite alot and think i might be eating to much! how much is 2 much? im due to have weight management on the 31st and ill ask then.. but to say my tummy is so small i can eat quite alot! its worrying me as i dont want to stay fat! id be really gratefull of someone can tell me how many calories im ment to be having a day? thanks guys xx

Sorry Kirsty can't help but will do my bit by bumping your thread, here goes....wait for it.........

BUMP!

xx

thanks i dont know if im eating 2 much! hope not! ive lost 1 stone 8 in 2 weeks but im a worryier! lol xx

I was told not to worry during the soft food stage as it empties from the pouch really quickly. We should begin to eat a much smaller portion and feel full quicker when on real foods.

Hi Kirsty
I`m just 12 days post op and I`m having a weetabix for breakfast , 2 tiny spuds carrot and turnip mix and a bit of stewing steak all blitz and at 7 pm I had a 200ml high protein drink . But I have to make myself eat cos I`m not hungry at all . You must be ok cos you`ve lost a stone and 8 in 2 weeks Id be happy with that . Good luck and take care hun .
Margaret xx

thanks guys ... im just a little worried because it seems alot. ive done a little exercise today aswell so hopefully ill be ok to do a little everyday now :D i want this to work so bad and keep thinking im going to be the only one it dont work for lol! xx

Sorry I am not sure how much you should be eating but with a 1stone 8lbs weight loss I would say you are doing great.

As others have already said, dont worry about the quantities you are managing. Once you get onto more solid food you will feel your restriction.

Be careful with the exercise though. Nothing too strenuous just yet!

While on the soft stage you can eat quite a lot but as your food becomes firmer the amount you will be able to eat will decrease. The amount is supposed to increase until you are eating a teaplate amount at which point you move onto the next stage in consistancy iykwim?

Back