• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much should I be eating 3 days post op

madstaffyblonde1

http://tickers.wlsurgery.
How much should I beable to eat 3 days post op, today I have had fortimel, a cup of soup, boveril drink, half a can of soup, and 3 glasses of squash this seems an awful lot at such a early stage and the day ain't finished yet ;)

I've not had surgery yet but from reading other people's experiences they say you can't eat too much in the early liquid diet stages. As long as you're getting sufficient protein which will help to speed up the healing process then you can "eat" as much as you like.

Did you not get a leaflet from the hosp advising you of what to eat and the amounts?I wont give advice as every hosp seems to have different advice.Maybe you could ring them on Monday for more guidance xx:D

i replied on FB Linda, but it is impossible for you to over "eat" in these very early days, but the more you can manage to drink the quicker you will recover and you will feel better.

If you can manage any protein - milk for example then this will aid in the healing as well, but dont worry - it sounds like you are doing brilliantly.

I was given a leaflet but that just says I can have tea, coffee, squash, milk, boveril and soups buy not how much but when I spoke to the surgeon the day I came home he said have soft foods for 3 weeks and lumps for 3 weeks and then back to normal food,

I really want some spagetti hoops even though I never eat them normally it's like a craving lol

Linda don't take this the wrong way i know what you and Helen are like for the voddy lol

Drink drink drink is the way to go girl lol xx

Glad to hear you sound like you are doing fabulously x

Linda don't take this the wrong way i know what you and Helen are like for the voddy lol

Drink drink drink is the way to go girl lol xx

Glad to hear you sound like you are doing fabulously x

Shhhhhhhhhhh Julie lol;)

Any kind of pasta made me sick till I was at least 6 months, cos it swells in the pouch:(

How much should I beable to eat 3 days post op, today I have had fortimel, a cup of soup, boveril drink, half a can of soup, and 3 glasses of squash this seems an awful lot at such a early stage and the day ain't finished yet ;)

Fluids will always go down well and once the initial swelling has gone down then you will be able to get more in. I found i could do more warm fluids than cold and this is still the case. As long as you don't get a feeling of the fluids coming back up your neck then carry on. I hated the fortimal drinks but the weekend I cam eout I was doing warm vimto, soups and a bottle of slim fast a day. everyone is different and you will know when you have over done it. x x x

Sounds like your doing fine to me hun - although I would avoid the pasta as Candie says.
Get the milk in and when you move onto the next food stage add cheese to your meals like cheese grated into the soup and cheese in your mash.
HTH

Sally x

Sounds absolutely fine to me too sweetie....but I agree with upping the milk if you can. LOL - I need to tell myself that too!

Back