• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much time off work afterwards?

Dell

Hi guys

I have not been around for a while as I am at a standstill WLS-wise, sitting on the waiting list, waiting for my turn for surgery!

home life has been hectic, we have a new puppy, well not new now, but he has taken up a lot of time, I have started some exercise classes 3 times a week and also am looking for a new job! Life is busy!

I am about to go and have a good long read up on your progresses, to see where you are all at!

I wonder though, how long people are off work, is 2-3 weeks realistic for a part time office job, or will longer be more realistic. I do tend to be a fit person and a "coper" but obviously this going to be much bigger even that my CSs for my babies I think!

Many thanks for any advice from those who have been there!

D xxx

I don't work so that's not a problem for me, but like you I have a new pup and am wondering how long it will be after the op before I can walk him properly again? If I get the op I would put him in kennels for a week I think but was considering whether I need to budget for hiring a dog walker for a while afterwards too as I'm his only carer. Sorry to butt in on your thread but thought they might be linked as far as recuperation is concerned.

Hi, after looking around on this great site it seems that everyone is different, i keep thinking oh i'll be back to work in 5 minutes, however when i had my pre op they told me i should expect 6wks off as i work with young children (3months to 2 yrs) so i have told my employees i'll prob be off 4-8wks i'm not going to rush back as hard as it is not to be at work, i know that to recover fully is the way to go!! xx

I'm a civil servant and spend 2+ hours a day commuting into London. I had my bypass 3 weeks ago and am signed off until my hospital checkup on 21 June, (ie: 4 weeks). Even then, my boss isn't expecting me to go back full time immediately.

Back