• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

time off for recovery

Neeta

Just a question to the bypass people, I have been telling work that I will be off work for four weeks, but on reading quite a few of the posts on here, people seem to be off much longer than what I have estimated. Am I being a bit over enthusiastic do you think?

I don't have a heavy manual job, I work as a medical secretary in the hospital so for much of the time I am sat down.

Just thought that I would ask. :eek:

Cheers.

hello
it is very much an individual thing, i am a nurse on a pretty heavy ward and i was back within the month in hindsight i think i went back a week to early but i just slept after my shifts and now 7 weeks post op i am totally fine at work.. dont push it and if you have an understanding doctor get them to sign you off for a extra week and so on you will know yourself xx

I only took 3 weeks and did reduced hours for 2 weeks but that was mainly due to tiredness. Mine is just a desk job though x

Hi. I have a desk job and had a day short of two weeks off. I felt fine only a little sleepy on an afternoon. X

BigDave99 said:
Wow. I start a new job as soon as I am fit post op, hope it's not mote than a couple of weeks or they may not hold the job.

BigDave

Ah good luck with your new job. Hope it will all be ok? I'm sure they would keep your post? When is your op? Hope all goes ok? Mine is aug 24th. Keep in touch luv Kaz x

BigDave99 said:
Wow. I start a new job as soon as I am fit post op, hope it's not mote than a couple of weeks or they may not hold the job.

BigDave

Ooh congratulations!! Z

I'd told work 3wks, and that's the sick note I was given. However as I work in a school this ran into the start on the summer holidays so by the time I go back to work in September I will have had 9wks off so should be fit for hours on my feet charging across the school site to lessons all be it as knackered as ever if not more so after so long off.

Kazziehill said:
Ah good luck with your new job. Hope it will all be ok? I'm sure they would keep your post? When is your op? Hope all goes ok? Mine is aug 24th. Keep in touch luv Kaz x

Thanks my operation is 22nd August at Spire Manchester, from the 15th I will be self employed for the first time ever. So time off is double trouble. Good luck for the 24th it will be good to have others in the same boat to talk to.

BigDave

Back