• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How small is small?

slp2014

Wierd question but I am seriously considering the gastric band, I have a BMI of 34...

Tried most diets, weight loss pills... Managed to lose 3.5stone on my own but unfortunately gained the weight over time :(

My query is how small do you have to chew your food with a band? I am quite a fast eater and at the minute I am practicing on slowing down the pace and chewing my food rather than chowing it down...

Any advice would be appreciated xx

top_kat

it will entirely depend on the level of restriction that you have with the band. The tighter it is, the more restriction, the more you have to chew. But if it's tight then you need to chew it to a mush consistency. If you're practicing then you take a small morsel of food (50p size) and follow the 30/30/20 rule or the 20/20/20 rule. Chew for 20 or the 30 seconds, wait for 20/30 seconds and only eat for 20 mins - that's banded way if eating.

If when you have the band eat fast, too much, too quickly it can be very painful, block and cause sliming....it's a whole different way if eating which often changes after every fill to a new way.