• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Goodbye band

Love or hate it the band gave me fab results for the first 6 years it was the next 4 that I suffered....

I have always only given an opinion of my personal experience of someone has asked..

I sincerely wish all banders the success they deserve..
I personally just can't find it in me to say nice things as it caused so much damage to me internally .. Which I needed surgery to correct before the bypass could be done..

Hopefullly it won't happen to anyone else ..

I'm much happier now it has gone from my body and I've been revised to the bypass..

I get on really well with my new WLS choice..

And it's right we all choose our own kind of surgery ...

I had my band removed about 8 weeks ago, then had a 7 week gap before my bypass. The first week after band removal I also felt even a bit sick, certainly with no real appetite.
I worked very hard to keep my weight stable between the 2 ops & am pleased to say I succeeded.
Now 9 days post bypass.

Hi Banderbird,
I had great restriction and made good progress but your restriction can change on its own......osmotic pressure! I had several checks and found that there was more fluid in my band than was put in. Had no end of problems with restriction.
Good luck

Back