• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Howdy y'all!

Yeah the one about support and the big impact that can have on weight loss and maintenance was really good too. I wish we had more things like this over here too but at least we have the forum :)

Yeah the one about support and the big impact that can have on weight loss and maintenance was really good too. I wish we had more things like this over here too but at least we have the forum :)

I know I've only been on the forum for a short time, but I've already found it a fantastic resource. Everyone's so brilliant and supportive of one another and full of info. I'm really glad I stumbled across it!

Hello and welcome! :D Good luck on your journey. X

And thanks @LJJohns2017 ! You've been making fantastic progress so far! keep up the great work!

Hope everything goes well for you :) Where abouts in your journey are you now?

Hi #oliviafrances! I'm still waiting for my first appointment on the 9th November. At the moment I'm in the US visiting my mom which hasn't actually taken my mind off of what's to come. If anything it's made me think about what's to come even more.

Every single plane we got on (especially the flight that I ended up having to swap seats with another lady because the armrests were the solid ones and I couldn't fit in it!) I kept thinking that the next time I make this trip this my weight won't be an issue!

I've also been thinking about growing up here in Oklahoma, local attitudes to food and family attitudes to it as well. I've always kind of been aware that my mom is an enabler but making trips over here brings it into focus. In the run up to visits here our conversations are not primarily about what we will do while we're here but what we will eat. Obviously there must be some kind of discussion like this so mom can get groceries in, but it goes beyond that. While I was growing up my mom was well over 200lbs (she never would admit to her actual weight) and after my dad died and my sister and I left home she dropped a lot of weight.

At any rate, once we get home to the UK I will start my proper diary with some of my thoughts on all of this.

Hope you're keeping well!

Hi #oliviafrances! I'm still waiting for my first appointment on the 9th November. At the moment I'm in the US visiting my mom which hasn't actually taken my mind off of what's to come. If anything it's made me think about what's to come even more.

Every single plane we got on (especially the flight that I ended up having to swap seats with another lady because the armrests were the solid ones and I couldn't fit in it!) I kept thinking that the next time I make this trip this my weight won't be an issue!

I've also been thinking about growing up here in Oklahoma, local attitudes to food and family attitudes to it as well. I've always kind of been aware that my mom is an enabler but making trips over here brings it into focus. In the run up to visits here our conversations are not primarily about what we will do while we're here but what we will eat. Obviously there must be some kind of discussion like this so mom can get groceries in, but it goes beyond that. While I was growing up my mom was well over 200lbs (she never would admit to her actual weight) and after my dad died and my sister and I left home she dropped a lot of weight.

At any rate, once we get home to the UK I will start my proper diary with some of my thoughts on all of this.

Hope you're keeping well!
I completely understand where family are enablers, for generations with my family food is a way we show love, which will no doubt be very tough to get out of. Wishing you all the luck on your journey!

Back