• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi - another newbie

mamajo

was just surfing and found this site and reading through the posts felt a smile growing :).

Am now 8 months out and absolutely loving the new me that is appearing. And the fact that my kids can now actually hug me and reach :D

I lost 4 1/2 stone through blood sweat and tears over a few years with SW but yo-yo'd with the same stone for so long that I was finding it harder and harder to stay focused and basically went to my gp and begged for help. Fortunately she listened and agreed to refer me - although tried her best to talk me out of it!

Since Feb I have lost weight steadily and am still losing, am now literally half the woman I used to be :D - have not had many problems fortunately, and am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Jo xx

Hi Jo and :talk017::talk017::talk017::welcome2:

Guess most people are still asleep, can`t welcome you into the fold from the back of their eyelids!

So let me Welcome you and say Well Done on your
great weight loss.
It is so good to see someone who has shown how successful weight loss surgery can be; and it will be very encouraging to anyone starting on their journey.

Fantastic that the kids can give their mum a great big hug, thats the sort of thing that makes it all so worth while.

You have worked real hard hun x

Take care and Best wishes Kat x

Hi jo , wow well done on your fantastic weight loss welcome to the site x x

Hi Jo,
Welcome and congratulations on your tremendous weightloss! That is an amazing achievement.... look forward to sharing your weightloss journey.... love and hugs.. Bev xxx

That must be a wonderful feeling I want my daughter to be able to enjoy me as well and I know the current weight and health Im at now I wouldnt be able to do much! But hopefully a year from november 9th 2010 I'll be running around with here

Wow, you've done so well already!

Welcome to the site, i hope you stay with us and share your knowledge with those just starting their journeys xx

Hi Jo! Great to meet you and a big welcome to the site! It looks like we're reasonably close neighbours. I'm in Harrogate though I had my bypass in Sunderland. Leeds would have been so much more convenient but I wasn't offered that by my PCT. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. xxx

Hi Jo and :welcome: to WLS, you have done so well on your journey so far, I bet you are thrilled :D Great to have you with us, we can pick one anothers brains ;) XX

thank you for such a warm welcome :) I must admit I was a little nervous at first wondering how many people would say hello.

Lovely to see there are a couple of quite local people too - I was allowed to choose which hospital I went to between Huddersfield, Bradford or York (Leeds wasn't an option I wanted actually as Mr Dexter only seemed to be doing private funded work at the Nuffield - and whilst I know Mr Pollard at St James is also super qualified in bariatrics, he only does open surgery and with 4 children I couldnt afford a lengthy recouperation)

I'm finally starting to like what I see in the mirror though its still hard to accept if that makes sense, I half expect to open my eyes and see I've been dreaming rather than to open my eyes and realise it really IS me!

The greatest wohoo so far was the realisation that I now COULDN'T shop in Evans anymore as they were all too big :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D still grin every time I even think about it ;)

Am very happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

Jo x

Back