• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hows everyone going?

vickylou

Hows everyone getting on there pre op diet?

I found the first week a bit of a drag and hard but managed keeping my mind on the prize.

Yesterday I seamed to have turned a corner and feel really good with my diet and not hungry all day, plus not food isnt on my mind all either ( hope it lasts).

Plus big bonus is I weighed myself and I am 12lbs lighter :D:D:D:D:D
Fingers crossed my liver is smaller too

Hope everyone else is doing ok xxxxx

Hi hun congrats on the weight loss :) n well dun on the diet :)
I found wk 1 really easy I lost 9lbs :)
But n it's a big but wk2 is a nitemare lol I hate soup anyway but that's my only option n it's got to be sieved so atleast I don't have 2 have the floating weeds lol :) but I just carnt stomach more than 1 tin of ww soup a day I'm not allowed milk so really missin my mornin brew :( so I think my body is starving as I've not lost any weight this wk so far but as long as my liver shrinks then happy days :) I have had veg oxo twice a day do my body is getting sum thing :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

How are you finding it now? I am not too bad. Though it would be a lot worse!

Hows everyone getting on there pre op diet?

I found the first week a bit of a drag and hard but managed keeping my mind on the prize.

Yesterday I seamed to have turned a corner and feel really good with my diet and not hungry all day, plus not food isnt on my mind all either ( hope it lasts).

Plus big bonus is I weighed myself and I am 12lbs lighter :D:D:D:D:D
Fingers crossed my liver is smaller too

Hope everyone else is doing ok xxxxx

:0clapper::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:

Hi

My pre-op diet was the milk version with one oxo a day. I was told to do it for 7 days but did it for 10 just to be sure. I really got on well with it and never felt hungry once on it.

I either drank the milk with NAS Crusher added or used it to make all milk coffees. If it wasn't for the constipation I could have done it for longer, but in the end it did the job and I lost 8kg on it, so not too bad, losing over a stone in 10 days.

Paul

I seam to be doing good.

The nerves r starting to set in now though

How is every1 else

Hi

My pre-op diet was the milk version with one oxo a day. I was told to do it for 7 days but did it for 10 just to be sure. I really got on well with it and never felt hungry once on it.

I either drank the milk with NAS Crusher added or used it to make all milk coffees. If it wasn't for the constipation I could have done it for longer, but in the end it did the job and I lost 8kg on it, so not too bad, losing over a stone in 10 days.

Paul

Wow well done you, not sure how I would have got on with the milk diet but would have had to get on with it I surpose

vickylou said:
I seam to be doing good.

The nerves r starting to set in now though

How is every1 else

I will be the same! My op is 30th March. HAd to start pre op 2nd march. Up until yesterday I had lost 1st 2lbs so far. Doing the VLCD meal replacements.

Good luck with your op!!!!! Xxx

Fuffs said:

I'm doin ok ty hun I've not been hungry to be honest had the odd rumble but nothin much I really don't like soup so the blessing for me was the lumps had to be thrown n just had the clearish liquid so I managed 2 tins of ww soups each day n 2 oxos (veg) ones ;) then bout 2lts of sugar free juice :) n about 3 homemade ice pops n I've lost about a stone :) so well pleased wiv that :) roll on Tuesday as I've really missed my morning cup of tea lol xxx

Tray3004 said:
I'm doin ok ty hun I've not been hungry to be honest had the odd rumble but nothin much I really don't like soup so the blessing for me was the lumps had to be thrown n just had the clearish liquid so I managed 2 tins of ww soups each day n 2 oxos (veg) ones ;) then bout 2lts of sugar free juice :) n about 3 homemade ice pops n I've lost about a stone :) so well pleased wiv that :) roll on Tuesday as I've really missed my morning cup of tea lol xxx

You have done really well :) So nice to have a thread with people coping well on the pre op diet. It will inspire others to keep going :)

I feel do excited for you two!!!

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh last day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is the start of my new life, I have to be at the hospital at 9am and they told me he starts surgery at 2.30, hopefully I will be at the top of the list x

Will be thinking of u tray and every1 else who has surgery tomorrow and the rest of the week xxxx

Good luck for tomorrow Tray :)
I've kept you're bed warm if you're in room 20 lol. I've been admitted over weekend with another post op complication :-( but being discharged this morning. Then coming back next Monday for another laparoscopy to check for adhesions but at least it's not as major :)
So best wishes and I will be thinking of. Staff here are lovely so you'll be fine :) x

vickylou said:
Will be thinking of u tray and every1 else who has surgery tomorrow and the rest of the week xxxx

Ty hun I'll be thinkin of u aswell :) good luck hunni start of our new lives 2moz I've got be there for 7.30 no idea wot time my op is xxx

pinklady130868 said:
Good luck for tomorrow Tray :)
I've kept you're bed warm if you're in room 20 lol. I've been admitted over weekend with another post op complication :-( but being discharged this morning. Then coming back next Monday for another laparoscopy to check for adhesions but at least it's not as major :)
So best wishes and I will be thinking of. Staff here are lovely so you'll be fine :) x

Aw ty Hun hope ur ok now? Poor u uve not had it easy since op :( hope ur on the mend now n glad the staff are nice :) I'm really excited carnt wait for morning get there get dun start of my new life xxx

It's still all worth it Tray even though I'm unlucky few who've experienced a problem. You will be fine :)
Have a seedy recovery. Get some rest and don't run marathons- where in it for the long haul :)
Keep us updated on your progress once you feel upto it xx

pinklady130868 said:
It's still all worth it Tray even though I'm unlucky few who've experienced a problem. You will be fine :)
Have a seedy recovery. Get some rest and don't run marathons- where in it for the long haul :)
Keep us updated on your progress once you feel upto it xx

I will have lots of rest sml walks n I'll sip sip sip :) this site has taught me lots so hopefully I'll be fine :) I'm takin my fone with me n my iPad so as soon as I'm awake I'll update :) tks Hun xx

just been called i have to be at the hospital at 12 now and my op should be at 6pm!

vickylou said:
just been called i have to be at the hospital at 12 now and my op should be at 6pm!

How exciting wish I new wot time mine was good luck Hun ull be fine :) xx

good luck to you both whishing you both all the very best for the start of your new journey and the loosers bench is polished and waiting.xxxxxx

Back