• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Huge in Hull !!!

Wayne S

Hi everyone :sign0163:
I've been following the forums for about 6 months now and finally have some good news of my own.
My operation date has been set for 22nd June :eek:
Due to an over-sized referral list (& a lack of bed space in Hull), all bariatric operations are running behind by about 5-6 months (mine should have been done by January). But hey-ho, the future is looking rosey again after a period of uncertainty.
I'll keep this thread updated as things progress.
Wayne.

Brilliant news Wayne :) wishing you all the very best..... better later than never eh ......welcome to a fab friendly site too....everyone is so lovely, were all in this together and help pull each other thru.... don't ever feel alone....any help or questions just shout :) welcome and good luck again x x x

Welcome Wayne, great news that you have a date. That time will fly by now

Lynn x

Good news good luck with it all xx

Welcome Wayne! Am delighted that you have got your date at long last! Wishing you all the best for your journey.

Hello newbie!

Welcome to the forum! And best of luck for the 22nd. It's so exciting :)

Hi, thanks for the message.
Can I ask you what you consumed during your LSD?
Wayne.

I had a choice of 3. It was either food (limited calories), 4 shakes a day (I had tesco ultra slim) or 4 tins of weight watchers soup and 4 yoghurts a day (I had either danio minis, liberte 0% or fage). They don't offer the milk diet in my area. Everywhere is different. Which are you doing?

Hi Wayne

Best of luck for your op on the 22nd! Just wanted to pop in and say Hi and welcome to a lovely site. As they say, you don't have to be mad here, but it helps ;) x

Hi Wayne

Best of luck for your op on the 22nd! Just wanted to pop in and say Hi and welcome to a lovely site. As they say, you don't have to be mad here, but it helps ;) x

Hi Mel. :wavey:
Thanks for the message of support.:bliss:
Only one week to go before I start my LSD.:gimi:
Looking forward to the new me.:airquote:
:thankyou:

I had a choice of 3. It was either food (limited calories), 4 shakes a day (I had tesco ultra slim) or 4 tins of weight watchers soup and 4 yoghurts a day (I had either danio minis, liberte 0% or fage). They don't offer the milk diet in my area. Everywhere is different. Which are you doing?

Hi BFB, :wavey:
In our HCT they recommend the soup / non dairy diet.

Hi and welcome good site ask away. I had a bypass in October last year. My pre op diet consisted of normal,food everything weighed lots of veggies, and lean meat. Good luck on your journey

Hi Wayne. Welcome and congrats on your date. June already so it won't be long. Which op are you having? I am on the pre-op diet at the moment as my mini bypass is on the 10th June. Have a look in the June surgeries thread there are quite a few of us with ops this month.

Best of luck with your pre-op.

Good luck with everything. Not long to go now.

Hi BFB, :wavey:
In our HCT they recommend the soup / non dairy diet.

Ah good luck with it all. The time passes so quick and before you know it, it's op day! :)

I had my pre-op assessment today at Castle Hill Hospital and all is well.:flirt2:
So now the countdown begins! :eek:
Nothing but soup, jelly and ice-pops for the next 2 weeks.:cry:

Don't be crying this is the start of the new you. This is the easy part I think, it's time to let go say good bye to all the rubbish you've shovelled in.its a time for morning the old you and time to say hi to the new you. Wish you well. It will be great becoming the new person you want yo be and we are all here for you. Remember to keep some ice lollies for after the op great way to get fluids in :)

That's great news, congratulations. Honestly, the time will pass so quickly. Best of luck :)

Back