• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hugs needed

serenitylove

:cry: just been for my fill all went well with that apart from a wonky port he took a good dig around to find had 0.75 of a ml in as he said im in fine tuning stage now and is very pleased that im slightly above what he wants lost in the time
but then...i mentioned that id been bleeding for 5 weeks followed by tablets to stop it then another bleed now normal agin[fingers crossed] and he has told me to have a mirena coil fitted as disrupted hormones dont aid weightloss and will make it harder for me with band to cope and settle into banded way of life.
i at this point promptly burst into floods of tears as iv tried for 9yrs to concieve the thought of not trying and having something alien to me inside was something id always refused especially when told by gp its in for a min for a year, mr sommers said he would tell my gyne that its only to stay in till my year since op is up. i have spent so long trying the thought of that not being there is scary, i know if i try and it doesnt happen i can live with that but not trying at all is making me sob i feel an emotional wreck now. i feel like i need to concentrate on my weightloss and worry about babies later but anyone who has had infertility knows it not that easy im going to see if my next period is normal if it is then great if there any other problem i know im going to have to have it done but dont know if mentally i will cope with it
sorry if this doesnt make much sense it all flying round my head and not probably coming out right

:hug99: not got anything to say which would be of any help but have got lots of hugs :hug99:

aww hun ((hugs))

I dont really know anything about infertility hun, but I can understand how you are torn about what to do. Obviously its not good for you to bleed for 5 weeks at a time, but there are tablets arent there which you can take to supress the bleeding.

Sorry Hun, im not an expert but just didnt want to read and run. Perhaps have a chat with your Gp about it and just monitor the situation for next month or so and see how you go xxx

((((((HUGS))))))

Oh, hun my heart goes out to you. You may know I have fertility issues and it would take alot of convincing to make me get any kind of synthetic hormones! But you do need to listen to your body & your doc. I think your plan is good, see how next TOTM goes and then decide.

Lots of comfort from this side, I know how you feel dear. But a healthy mommy is what the baby you wish for really needs, just think of it that way. It is how I cope!

;)
Nichole

((((((HUGS))))))

Oh, hun my heart goes out to you. You may know I have fertility issues and it would take alot of convincing to make me get any kind of synthetic hormones! But you do need to listen to your body & your doc. I think your plan is good, see how next TOTM goes and then decide.

Lots of comfort from this side, I know how you feel dear. But a healthy mommy is what the baby you wish for really needs, just think of it that way. It is how I cope!

;)
Nichole

thanks babe it goes against the grain for me to have anything synthetic also but if a messed up cycle is going to stop me loosing weight i dont know what else to do that fact i cant stop crying means im probably totally hormonal still anyways!lol think im gona go watch people falling over on youtube to cheer myself up

Haha, that is the spirit hun. I always look at the pet tricks, it is always amusing to watch a dog sing or kittens run on a treadmill!!

Hormones are b**ch, or they can make us one!!! You'll feel better soon, until then laugh as much as you can, it is good for the soul and one the most wonderful things about being human!!

:cry: just been for my fill all went well with that apart from a wonky port he took a good dig around to find had 0.75 of a ml in as he said im in fine tuning stage now and is very pleased that im slightly above what he wants lost in the time
but then...i mentioned that id been bleeding for 5 weeks followed by tablets to stop it then another bleed now normal agin[fingers crossed] and he has told me to have a mirena coil fitted as disrupted hormones dont aid weightloss and will make it harder for me with band to cope and settle into banded way of life.
i at this point promptly burst into floods of tears as iv tried for 9yrs to concieve the thought of not trying and having something alien to me inside was something id always refused especially when told by gp its in for a min for a year, mr sommers said he would tell my gyne that its only to stay in till my year since op is up. i have spent so long trying the thought of that not being there is scary, i know if i try and it doesnt happen i can live with that but not trying at all is making me sob i feel an emotional wreck now. i feel like i need to concentrate on my weightloss and worry about babies later but anyone who has had infertility knows it not that easy im going to see if my next period is normal if it is then great if there any other problem i know im going to have to have it done but dont know if mentally i will cope with it
sorry if this doesnt make much sense it all flying round my head and not probably coming out right
Ohhh Hun I've just read ur post and it has just brought back all my feelings I had when I was trying for my first child (the tears are rolling as I'm typing:wave_cry:) I know exactly how you are feeling I too had trouble conceiving then had trouble keeping a pregnancy. PLEASE feel free to PM me if you want to chat.
I would advise that you follow the advice of your surgeon it really isn't a good idea to try and cope with problems losing weight and trying to get pregnant as well, you will have some kind of a breakdown and that will get you nowhere. Me saying that will not change the way you are feeling as wanting a child totally consumes you. Have a break and try and shift your concentration and focus on your weightloss and relationship with your band (I know easier said than done) 12 months will fly by, you will be healthier and will be fresh to start trying again.
Good luck hun and take care (big hugs) x x x
ps. don't forget feel free to PM me if you want :)

Jinkles, I wanted to say that but as I have not been through the stress and heartbreak of fertility treatment, I did not feel I could.

I do agree. Concentrate on the weightloss and be as healthy as you can possible be in readiness for motherhood. :hug99:

thanks so much guys it really helps having people here to chat to especially those that have felt simular ways this forum rocks and your all so bloody lovely thankyou xxxxx

Hi chick sorry to hear your news. I dont know anything about fertility but I do know about the coil, I hated it and had it removed after 11 months, it did not agree with me at all. It did reduce the heavy periods but the side affects for me out weighed the plus points.....I would do some digging around and research before you commit yourself if you want to have a baby chick and good luck and massive hugs to you.xx

i know exactly how you feel, it was infertility that led us down the weight loss surgery route, because its not happening for us for a second child, they refuse us IVF cos of my BMI and now I'm having the bypass we've been told to avoid becoming pregnant for at least 12 months...it goes against everything in me...but i know i have to do it and i also know how lucky i am to already have one child.

My heart goes out to you hon x x x

i know exactly how you feel, it was infertility that led us down the weight loss surgery route, because its not happening for us for a second child, they refuse us IVF cos of my BMI and now I'm having the bypass we've been told to avoid becoming pregnant for at least 12 months...it goes against everything in me...but i know i have to do it and i also know how lucky i am to already have one child.

My heart goes out to you hon x x x

thanks for sharing it nice to know other people have the same feelings not that id want anyone to have them if that makes sense i also have one girl who is 10 which helps id resigned myself that if it doesnt happen again i can live with it as long as i had tried my hardest but forceably not trying is just an alien concept , feeling a bit more positive today tho so onwards and upwards i wish you luck for your ivf when you get itxxxxx

Just wanted to add my own positive vibes and many many :hug99: to those you have already received. I know what you mean about not wanting to interfeer with nature, although never had fertility problems myself. It must be awful.

I take Tranexamic Acid each month for heavy periods. Surely you can still not be avoiding nature taking it's course just take the TA if you do get your period so you can cope with it. You only take them for four days. Sorry I'm not much help, but didn't want to read and run.

A Hug & Cuddle

Oh serinitylove we all :sign0168:
on here and will always be here to lend an ear and give advice when we can,
my heart goes out to u at this moment but things will get better, hold your head up, and try and keep possitive,love orchid xx:)

thanks for sharing it nice to know other people have the same feelings not that id want anyone to have them if that makes sense i also have one girl who is 10 which helps id resigned myself that if it doesnt happen again i can live with it as long as i had tried my hardest but forceably not trying is just an alien concept , feeling a bit more positive today tho so onwards and upwards i wish you luck for your ivf when you get itxxxxx

I really hope this doesn't come over as patronising, its just something i think of that helps me cope sometimes.

I think what if things had happened in a different order for us...If we'd tried for years and then had our daughter, we would be so happy we'd finally had her that any others would be a bonus. It doesn't make it much easier but for me at least i just try to think of that, I worry about her being an only child etc but again i think if things had happened the other way round, would it cross my mind...who knows?!?!

Just thought I'd mention it, cos if it helps just once to take the edge off that feeling you have when you let things get to you, then it was worth it

x x x

Just wanted to add my own positive vibes and many many :hug99: to those you have already received. I know what you mean about not wanting to interfeer with nature, although never had fertility problems myself. It must be awful.

I take Tranexamic Acid each month for heavy periods. Surely you can still not be avoiding nature taking it's course just take the TA if you do get your period so you can cope with it. You only take them for four days. Sorry I'm not much help, but didn't want to read and run.

thanks gerry im already on tranexamic acid and mefenamic acid i ended up needing to take norethisterone to stop it all took for a week then stopped them had totm and back on tranexamic ,i thankgod then stopped after 5 days now waiting to see if it all starts again the joys of being a woman!

feeling alot better today everyone ty all so much i bury alot of my feelings on this subject and think iv put a lid back on them all for now

Back