• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hunger hostage

Its been three days since my surgery. All liquid and no solids is making me a very irratible person. Im snapping at everyone and for any little thing. I am on vacation from work so I can recover but this justs seems less than ideal because I am at home going out of my mind with boredom and that makes me crave food. It cant help much that everyone around me is having fabolous meals and the smell of it all makes me insane. And when I ake my children meals I want to just die because I want to take a bite of everything. I can almost hear thier thoughts of happiness as they are stuffing thier faces. It seems impossible to get over. Liquids are getting boring. Flavorless and the thought of another sip of broth makes me want to throw up. Im about to lose all control andd with the next piece of food I see im going to lick all the flavors off because knowing I cant consume the food the flavor will be worth it! Its mental, I cant keep my brain from saying you need to eat something, my stomach is holding me hostage. I really wish jello would branch out and make ham sandwich flavor or turkey dinner flavor, something that will trick my mind into saying ahhh, thank you! Instead I hear grrrr, feed me damn it!

You poor thing, it must be awful for you, i'm pre op so unfortunately haven't experienced this agony yet. Stay strong and think of that end goal. It will sooooo be worth it. It's early hours of the morning here so i'm sure you'll have loads of replies and fantastic support and advise in a few hours time. x

Hi fiftystacksofpaper,

Congrats' on your surgery and you sound in fine fettle apart from the hunger.

I feel your pain...hopefully someone will be along shortly that might have some tips or ideas to help you cope just now.

I know it is hard for you just now but it is also hard being fat and at least now you have a real opportunity to lose weight and quickly at that and before you know it you will be out shopping for new clothes and revamping your wardrobe and your look and hopefully you will be able to say when you think back that all this suffering and discomfort was worth it.

Have you thought about writing a diary as it would be good to rant off in it about how your are feeling now as it can be therapeutic and when you look back you will see your progress.

Sending you Big Hugs:grouphugg:

Thanks for noticing my plight mini and xxsarahxx, it seems all doom and gloom now and I know the future holds a different course from whence I was headed, it is that future that keeps me from doing what my mind sees. I am keeping a journal to record these thoughts. It keeps me from raiding the fridge. Idle hands.... If only I could chew a piece of gum or have a hard candy. My children tell me sweet dreams when we go to bed, the sugar plums dancing has become a nightmare lol. Ive just made them an awesome dinner of baked chicken, corn and macaroni and cheese, the raw chicken kept me from licking my fingers as I prepared it, my guilt kept me from doing it after I served them. Now the left overs taunt me. I know I make it dramatic if I didnt focus on it as much as it nags at me I will make it through. Tomorrow is promising.

Back