• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hunger?

pink bubbles

I'm at it again asking questions!
tell me to go away if you are sick of me lol

When you have had a bypass or banding do you feel really hungry like before the op then when you get food in front of you you are only able to eat a tiny amount?
any answers would be appreciated:)

Hi ya, i can only answer as a bander. yes after banding you do eventually return to Hunger ( but not like before by any means for some people ) the band is a tool so u have to work with it. I get hungry only now and then and i'm 4 weeks post op . In a couple of weeks i'll be having a fill and what will happen is that once my stomach is more restricted yes i'll get hungry But as soon as i eat the hunger feeling will subside as i will be full until the food has filtered thru the band and then i will empty. I have a choice to make with the band because i am allowed to eat anything...of course certain foods will last longer than others, certain foods will cause me grief im sure and certain foods i have will have to be Low Calorie Choices to keep the Weightloss Momentum. So i have to make healthy choices and choose times to eat etc. With regards to amounts....even now without any fill in my band i don't even eat a 1/4 of the amount of food i did and i have a constant feeling in my brain to keep the band working and make the right choices :) before i would eat for britain, be constantly snacking and my eyes were always bigger than my belly !! but since the Band my life has changed totally for the better :)....feel so happy with it. Sometimes i feel a bit Ugh when the scales don't move but its all about working with it and it happens on both ops plateau stages so i'm doing well for now and will continue with my road to Slimsville :) xxx

I am 2 weeks post banding and yet to really feel hunger at all. When you first start on the pre-op diet you may find you are hungry for the first few days, but that soon passes as you adjust to surviving on less food. The hardest hunger is the head hunger, where you still fancy things but know you can't eat them - for me I am still on puree and mashed food but don't really much want to eat anything and am having to force myself to eat which is a major change as I was an all day snacker before.!!

Hi there

Its strange but afte rthe bypass your thoughts on food is completly changed.
Iw dont feel hunger anymore lik ei did . but i do feel like picking at things . but as soon as you had a pick your fairly full and content.

if you eat too much your eithe rbe sick but not sick like normal its not as unpleasant. or you will make your self sick because it will feel uncomfortable untill you make space :D

In all it take time to get used to it and some food you can eat more of . lik ei can eat crisps but meat i dont have much of. So ill try and fill up with heathy foods and then have a snack / treat ( yum yum ice cream)

Back