• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I’m starting my journey omg

Loblli

Hi everyone 👋I’m starting my journey at the end off October as been referred to Luton And Dunstable for my first group session does anyone no what happens at this point please? Also My BMI is 42 I have pre-diabetes and a heart murmur does anyone no if il be on 6 months or 12 months tier please? Any help would be wonderful xx

Parsnip

Hi and welcome. Every hospital is so different in how they work I wouldn't want to guess. There are a few people who have had their surgery at Luton and Dunstable so hopefully they'll be along soon. The site is quite quiet ATM but people are about. A few of us post in the bronze section as it's more private as it requires members to have 100 posts before they can view the diaries in there. Use your time to read as much as you can, both around the site and elsewhere. I'd highly recommend a book called Living with Bariatric Surgery by Denise Ratcliffe.
Ask lots of questions and someone will usually know or be able to point you in the right direction x

Bling Babe

Hi, I had my bypass at Luton and Dunstable in April 2018, I’m not sure how they wrk now because I understand they work differently these days, is this you very first appointment at Luton? My MDT wasn’t until I ended tier 3/begun tier 4 so I’d already had lots of appointments by then.
i would highly recommend lots and lots of research, it’s really important that you understand everything thats involved......for life. There is so much information out there and you’ll pick up lots of tips, advice and support on here.
good luck x

Loblli

Hi, I had my bypass at Luton and Dunstable in April 2018, I’m not sure how they wrk now because I understand they work differently these days, is this you very first appointment at Luton? My MDT wasn’t until I ended tier 3/begun tier 4 so I’d already had lots of appointments by then.
i would highly recommend lots and lots of research, it’s really important that you understand everything thats involved......for life. There is so much information out there and you’ll pick up lots of tips, advice and support on here.
good luck x
Hi thanku how long was u on tier 3 for please? And how long was u on tier 4 before bypass? I have research so much and I think I will have to have bypassed as have very bad reflex on tablets omeprazole twice aday for this and I no sleeve can make it worst.
My bmi is 42 if I lost 5% off my weight as they ask and went under 40 bmi would they turn me away for surgery as I’m under?

Bling Babe

I was 22 months in total, I had to have a year assessment rather than 6 months because my BMI was below 40, my MDT was in August 2017 (I started my journey June 2016) the MDT was the end of tier 3 and the beginning of tier 4, my surgery was April 2019.
they are meant to go by your start weight so you should be ok x

Loblli

I was 22 months in total, I had to have a year assessment rather than 6 months because my BMI was below 40, my MDT was in August 2017 (I started my journey June 2016) the MDT was the end of tier 3 and the beginning of tier 4, my surgery was April 2019.
they are meant to go by your start weight so you should be ok x
Thank you so much I really appreciate your help xx

Sarnie

good luck x
Reading on here, it seems like they keep changing things all the time. I was told they stopped the group sessions, that's why I had one on one sessions, but now I read people are having group sessions! x

Sarnie

Hi everyone 👋I’m starting my journey at the end off October as been referred to Luton And Dunstable for my first group session does anyone no what happens at this point please? Also My BMI is 42 I have pre-diabetes and a heart murmur does anyone no if il be on 6 months or 12 months tier please? Any help would be wonderful xx
I'm not sure but I think you'll be on a 12 month program because your BMI is under 50. I had one to one sessions at the end of T3, so I can't help with what happens with the group sessions x