• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i am a newbie on here

branmelis773

Hello! My name is Brandi & I am new on this sight. I was so excited to find it! My surgery is schedualed for January 24,2011. I am having the Rue n Y gastric bypass. I'm having trouble finding my way around this sight, but I'm hoping to catch on soon :)
I also have some questions, one being how fast does the weight start coming off? Should I be buying smaller cloths right after my surgery or wait a few months?
I look forward to sharing & learning from each of you. [GOOGLE-VIDEO][/GOOGLE-VIDEO]

A warm welcome Brandi xxx

:welcome2: to you Brandi...

Wishing you every good wish on your weightloss journey & sending love and hugs in your direction.

It would be a great help if you feel able to say a little bit about your location and your anticipation of how much you would like to lose etc., with your weightloss and I look forward to walking with you on your weightloss journey... good luck with your forthcoming surgery....

Take good care xxx

Hiya and welcome look forward 2 ur updates xxxx

Hiya Brandi, :welcome: to WLS.....good luck with your op in January, not too long to wait now :D Feel free to ask any questions we have lots of experienced bypassers here :D XX

Hi Brandi just had my op last week and loveing it. i have allready bought smaller clothes but cant get into them yet good luck x

Hi Brandi and a very big welcome to the site. I began getting into smaller clothes at about 3 weeks post-op and have now dropped 4-5 sizes; that's in just about 4 months.

But I wouldn't buy much post-op, as you may find that your taste in clothes,as your taste in food, changes!

I used to buy clothes because they fit: now I buy them because I LIKE them! And my shape is completely different to what is was before, so different things suit me now.

Do feel free to ask any questions you want.

Love from Grace xxx

Hi and welcome to the site.

I found that my clothes started getting lose and too big within weeks - within 8 weeks I had loads of bags of clothes ready for the charity shop and very little left in my wardrobe!

I had lost a couple of stone before the op so had already started sorting out clothes - trousers, jeans, p.j.'s etc I've altered to fit - trousers can easily be reduced by 3 or 4 sizes. Jackets and shirts are a bit more difficult, I altered a few of my favourites and the rest went to charity.

I've been buying a few bargain items just now - t-shirts and underwear mostly and am saving the BIG shopping trip till I'm at my target weight (fingers crossed) and as Grace says your taste may change.

Best of luck with your op. Keep us posted!!

Hello Brandee and welcome to the site. As Bev says it's more helpful when you ask questions if you can fill in a bit of your profile about location, type of surgery etc.....

As for clothes and weight loss, we all differ! I'm almost 6 months out and have gone from 24/26 to a iffy 18 depending on shop brought from etc...

The best advice i can give you is if you see a REAL bargain and you love it then buy it, but just remember it won't fit you for long! As i'm the only working adult in my household i tend to buy stuff from Asda George or even the charity shops, if i like what they have... I've also been known to have some hand me downs off 'freecycle' and a bostin bag of nice named shops stuff it was too..........

What i'm saying is all of our journeys are different, but the route we take the same. Lean on us for advice, support and a whole lorra love xx

hi...welcome..i am still lost on here...dont know how to put pics on...all the fancy things everyone else has got...but never mind i can type with one finger......i brought allot of clothes in the sales as i knew i would eventually fit in them......save money at the same time...now they are too big....but i am not complaining.......good luck for january...
bif......

Welcome to the site and congrates on ur surgery hope it all goes well keep us informed look forward to the updates!!
There's lots of bypassers on here that will help u with ur questions as they help me too lol xx

Welcome to the site, u will find alot of helpful people x

Back