• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am back . . . .

hsmel

:D Well the heading says it all ... many thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I had (I think) an uncomplicated procedure but just had a a bit of trouble with high blood pressure that night and the next day. Many many thanks to Mary (ladylight) who kept in touch and has kept all my new friends on here updated.

Can honestly say I had no pain. I woke up feeling sick and as I was gagging they gave me a jab and then after that I must admit I have been fine. Every nurse kept asking me for my pain level on a 1 - 10 scale and I can honestly say it would have never been higher than a 2. I acually probably feel worse now, two days later, as I feel a bit 'punched in the stomach'. It is no worse than a really bad bout of indigestion or the sort of pain you get when you have been physically sick for a couple of days and your stomach goes into cramps.

Having real trouble either eating or drinking but no doubt this is due to the swelling (two sips of drink has my new tum growling like a rotweiller) . . not comfy but no doubt this will pass as it settles down. Am now looking forward to taking my place on the losers bench!

Oh Mel so pleased you are back home and safe, I was very worried, especially as I did give you a wee bit of a nudge;)

Dont worry about not getting too much in, just make sure you sip sip sip so you dont dehydrate.

Looking forward to seeing the new slimmer you.

Big hugs. xxxxxx

So pleased you are home Mel :D Sounds like overall you had a good experience.....lovely to hear when your only days away from surgery! Take care and gets lots of rest x

pleased your back safe and well.......... speedy recovery vibes being sent x

Pleased to hear you're well!! Its given me a bit confidence as I, like Dotty, are just days away from surgery..

Take care

Glad it all went well for you.
Try not to worry about the eating and drinking, it is hard when newly post op but just keep sipping when you can.
Take care x

Welcome home :) As the others say just keep sip sip sipping and sucking on the sugar free ice pops too...

As for the growling Rottweiller, it's here to stay i'm afraid, get used to it :) xx

Lovely to have you back Mel. I'm so glad it's all gone well. Keep sipping away and get plenty of rest too. Sending hugs to you. xxx

Well I had quite a good nights sleep although I woke up really thirsty and that is a problem when you cant slug down a glass of water! Have actually got quite a sore throat today (could that be from the tubes they stick down your throat?) but sitting typing this and sipping on a nice milky coffee is helping.

Oh and thanks Phatmomma for telling me the Rottweiler is here to stay! That growling along with my three boxers snoring makes for a very musical household!! It is already having a bit of a growl at this coffee . . .

On the upside I got on the scales today (slap my wrist!!) just to see how I was doing as I know lots of people say they put on weight in hospital due the continual fluid drips . . but OMG I am already less than 16stone 10lb which is over a stone loss from my pre op diet weight. I am well pleased.:D

I know compared to some I did not have huge amounts of weight to lose - I have relatively slim legs and arms but just a very big middle area but I can see, even just after surgery, that my tummy is already a bit smaller, even in its present swollen state! It has been a real problem to me over the past few years as my middle measurements mean that I should take a Size 22 top (which is fine), but my big waist means unless it is something nice and elasticated I have to take a Size 26 to fit this and my hips!! This gives a somewhat baggy bum and leg look . .:8855:and my doctor is always telling me how fat round your middle is more unhealthy than it being well spread! Well Mr. Doctor, watch this space!!!;)

Well I had quite a good nights sleep although I woke up really thirsty and that is a problem when you cant slug down a glass of water! Have actually got quite a sore throat today (could that be from the tubes they stick down your throat?) but sitting typing this and sipping on a nice milky coffee is helping.

Oh and thanks Phatmomma for telling me the Rottweiler is here to stay! That growling along with my three boxers snoring makes for a very musical household!! It is already having a bit of a growl at this coffee . . .

On the upside I got on the scales today (slap my wrist!!) just to see how I was doing as I know lots of people say they put on weight in hospital due the continual fluid drips . . but OMG I am already less than 16stone 10lb which is over a stone loss from my pre op diet weight. I am well pleased.:D

I know compared to some I did not have huge amounts of weight to lose - I have relatively slim legs and arms but just a very big middle area but I can see, even just after surgery, that my tummy is already a bit smaller, even in its present swollen state! It has been a real problem to me over the past few years as my middle measurements mean that I should take a Size 22 top (which is fine), but my big waist means unless it is something nice and elasticated I have to take a Size 26 to fit this and my hips!! This gives a somewhat baggy bum and leg look . .:8855:and my doctor is always telling me how fat round your middle is more unhealthy than it being well spread! Well Mr. Doctor, watch this space!!!;)

hi,

Ive been putting it off weighing myself on the scales! I mean its only been monday since the op,but I dont want the scales to rule my life!
I was going to just go off my clothes..but Im dying to know if I lost more weight.
My belly too really growls,I hope this is because it healing..lol

xxxxxxxxx

Back