• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i hate my bypass!

fatbutnot4long

i dont want to sound like a selfish b**ch but i hate it. im always in pain no matter what i eat/drink! i still feel 'hungry' and i crave food just as before! i wish i never had it done! there are somedays when i feel sick from start to finish! i have trouble sleeping now where as i didnt before! i just hope this gets better... i even thought today as i was being sick for the 2nd time in 3 hours that everyone would be better without me and my issues and that i didnt really care to be here in this much pain anyway! that sounds bad but its not pain from the op its pain from eating .. every single thing i eat! im so down at the mo :'(

yep everything is makin me sick even juice.. i havent had anything bad but i still want it! i really feel bad. it has also been from the start just not as bad as it is now :( thanks for replying

Hi kirsty hun, so sorry your having such a hard time, def think u should give a call 2 ur team tomorrow and get some advice so this can stop and u can start feeling better.
(((big hugs ))) 2 u hun hope u start 2 feel better soon xx

thanks i went back on n.y.e and they said ' see how u get on from now untill 2 march - it might be you adjusing' ... ive been poorly from the moment ive had it done! i nearly died after the surgery and now all this - i dont know how much more my poor body can take :(

kirsty i would insist they see you again. what yr describing isnt normal. is there any diffrence between if you have something cold or hot?

not really... even with drinks im always in pain and if i dont be sick i stay in pain for hours :(

You deffo need to go back hun, as there's no way this is normal at the stage you're at:(:(Good luck xx

Kirsty, you must not wait until 2nd March. What you are feeling is not normal and you must insist that they see you immediately. If you can't eat, or more particularly drink you will get dehydrated and possibly get very ill.

thanks guys i do feel poorly all the time john i habe no energy and feel like i could sleep all the time yet when i lie down i just toss and turn. im crying all the time and my mum wont speak to me at the mo as she says im hysterical ... my hubby thinks goin to bed with my dog for a rest is the answer just feel alone thats why im asking you guys for help sorry to moan at you all but i dont know what else to do! x

hope they get you sorted soon it doesnt sound very pleasant at all. I have been craving loads of things even things i never liked before but I have been chewing stuff and spitting it out ha not pleasant but stops my craving as can taste it!! Get on that phone and demand help its just not good enough to suffer as you are x

kirsty what you are describing really isnt normal. some people find it difficult to tolorate cold drinks as it sends the pouch into spasm. But warm drinks can help and that then allows for normal eating etc.
But if you feel sick or are sick each and every time and are also in pain it sounds like you may have some kind of constriction.
Please contact yr team tomorrow and demand to be see. failing that go and see yr GP you need to seek medical help.

you must in sist that they help you even take yourself tto a and e if you have to im only 5 days after op and i can drink without pain so what ypour going thru is not right you know your body best and if you think somethings wrong there probably is dont delay try and sort it out

Sorry to hear your not well. But Kirsty I wuld definatly go back and see them as you need the support. #

Please dont take this the wrong way but I found since the op my emotions are running high and I seem to react to things I wouldnt before Im seeking counselling to help me as we had a big op and sometimespeople suffer from the blues. My point is when i have stressful day I find I cant tolerate much to eat or drink and it makes me feel worse and worse. So i just sit down and chill out for a bit and get my thoughts in order and take everyday as it comes.

I hope this helps!!

i will be ringing them tomorrow and see what they say thanks guys xx

I am pre op so not in a position to offer advice but from what the more experienced folks are saying it sounds like you not only have to phone your team, but you also have to be really strong and fight to be seen asap. I know thats not an easy thing to do, especially when you are below par, it is so hard to stand up for yourself, but you can do it, you already know you are brave because you went ahead with your op and that takes courage. And when you are on the phone, just imagine all these wonderful folks on this site who are all supporting you and wishing you well. I do hope you will soon be happy and healthy and I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Hiya hun, really sorry that you are feeling so rotten. I am concerned about how ill you feel and would agree with others that you should have a chat with your team. They are responsible for your health and if you are suffering they must take you seriously. Please do make sure you follow-up with them as your health could be at risk.

Here are a couple of things to think about in the mean time.

1. Go back to liquids only for a few days, if you have been sick often you may not able to tolerate any solid food due to pouch swelling. Do the clear liquids only as if you just got home from hospital. Clear soups, s/f jellies, water, ice lollies, fruit teas, low-sugar hot chocolate, etc. - drink as much as you can tolerate and make sure to sip as often as possible on water.

2. Consider your emotional stress as Natalie rightly points out. You have just had major surgery and are bound to feel tired, uncomfortable and out of sorts - it is perfectly natural. But some people for no real reason, it seems random as there is no reliable way to predict it, just have a much harder time dealing with the pain/discomfort/depression that follows the surgery. Give yourself a break, it takes as long as it takes for you to feel okay again.

3. Address your feelings, they matter. You may be feeling worse because you are upset that you are not back to normal yet, and with the sickness you have felt you may be stressing out at meal times and then your pouch tightens in reaction to stress. So, try writing down how you feel. Just getting the feelings out sometimes reduces stress.

4. De-stress meal times - maybe instead of a designated meal time, you could have a few sips or bites several times per hour. That way there is no pressure to get all the food in. Give it a try. You can spread out your daily meals for now into 8x per day but only eat a little at a time.

5. Remember you are not alone, even if both your mother & your partner don't get what is going on with you, we all get it here!

So take our cyber ((hugs)) and keep us up to date on your progress.

Nic:p

thank u all so much and nic u look fantastic in ur latest piccy update! xx

Back