• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am new and on waiting list for a sleeve.

Mel_g

Hi I am new to this.

I have been on a waiting list since 30Nov 12 for a sleeve.

Fingers crossed I get my op soon.

hi Mel have you been granted funding :) good luck with everything I had DS so can't advise on sleeve but there's loads on here if you have any questions xx

Yeah I have been granted funding. I seemed to get through the system quite quick. My GP referred me at the end of jun and I am on the waiting list with effect from 31Nov 12. I spoke to the hospital the other day and they said they like to get patients operated on within 18 weeks, so fingers crossed not too long to wait.

Hi and :welcome: Mel
Hopefully things won't be too long for you.. Just starting out here too and I love this forum

HiMel I am waiting for a sleeve too expected date is approx april so we may be around the same time. Good Luck. x

Hi Mel welcome to the site and good luck, you will love it :) x

Hi hun been on list since 22nd Nov 12 im under Southmead Bristol. I have phoned and been advised that surgery will be approx april so cant wait :).

April is not far away at all is it :) by the time you've recovered it will hopefully be warmer weather and you will be able to enjoy not covering up from head to toe xxx good luck ladies

Welcome to the site Mel. And that is quick! Did you meet all the criteria in terms of BMI/co-morbidities? Did they make you do other stuff first like weight loss management courses etc? Hope you get your date very soon :) x x

Yes I got referred by my GP and every appointment seemed to come around very quickly. I have been lucky. I haven't had to do any weight lost courses either so all is good there. Fingers crossed it is soon.

I have my date for surgery. It's on the 10 April. I am so excited. I know this is going to be the best thing that I have ever done. Bring on the slim new me.

Good luck fellow pre op sleever! I'm due to have a sleeve on 8th April, so we'll be almost starting our journeys together! :)

I was due on the 8th too but an emergency came up so they swapped my date to the 10th. I start my pre-op diet on Wednesday and to be honest I haven't had much of an appetite since I found out my date. It all seems a bit strange, but feeling so positive about the whole thing. I can't wait to finally loose weight and keep it off.

I start my pre op diet Weds too after my pre assessment. Must admit, been having a few of my old food favourites this weekend gone, including fizz, as know they're a no no after Weds. Do you know which diet you'll be doing? Mine is low fat & cals I think, rather than the milk & yoghurt diet a lot seem to do.

Back