• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On waiting list for a sleeve at St Thomas's, scared and extatic.

Mel_g

Hi, I am new to this and would love to correspond with some other WLS people as I don't actually know anyone who has had it done.

I had my first appointment in Sep 12 at St Thomas's and have gone through the whole process including sleep study and surgeon consultation, and have been given the go ahead for a sleeve.

I have my final dieticians appointment on 21st Jan 13 and have been on the waiting list since 30 Nov 13, so fingers crossed I will have my op soon.

Any thoughts and advice will be more than welcome.

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you.

Mel. X

I had my sleeve done on Monday :)
Was expecting some pain etc.. But so far apart from a few aches nothing!
Amazed really and was so well looked after, loving the surgical stockings lol
Got to self inject for a fortnight so you have that to look forward to.
Good luck x

good luck Mel xxx there's always someone to answer any queries and as Angela has just had it this week you've got the right person to ask about immediate problems :)

Love my sleeve, any questions just shout x

Just to warn you that I was on the waiting list at St Thomas' for quite a long time, but don't lose heart as they referred us all into the private sector to clear their waiting list. The process from GP referral to Operation took just under two years.

Hi thanks for all of your comments it's nice to know there is support out there. I will have loads of questions I am sure.

I had my sleeve done on Monday :)
Was expecting some pain etc.. But so far apart from a few aches nothing!
Amazed really and was so well looked after, loving the surgical stockings lol
Got to self inject for a fortnight so you have that to look forward to.
Good luck x

That's amazing I hope it all goes well. How much weigh have u lost so far.

I have no idea of the weight I have lost since surgery :) I dont have scales at home as it becomes an obsession with me! My husband banned them years ago lol
I will be weighed again in 6 weeks at the clinic so will update then.

At my largest I was 30 stoneish, I did not dare weigh myself then :( when I got my first appointment at the clinic I was 23 stone 6lbs. Day of surgery 21 stone 4lbs. I am happy that I am going down the scales now not up.

Do what you can to shed a few pounds before surgery it all helps xx good luck and ask any questions you want but remember I have only just started my journey after surgery :) there are others who are further down the line who will now be experts ;) xx

I started off at Guys and was transfered to St Thomas'

Had my appointments in October 2011 and had my Op in March 2012, although I was outsourced to a private hospital too.

Has my final appointment on Monday in the form of a group session at St Thomas's with the dietician. This was to explain about the pre op and post op diet. It's gonna be so different to what I am used too, but I can't wait to get cracking and get my date so I can start my pre op diet.

Back