• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On waiting list at Kings College London

alliejc

Hi all

I am new here.

I have been on the waiting list with Ms Chang at Kings College Hospital in London since December. I've had all the tests and had funding agreed for a gastric sleeve and now it's just a waiting game.

I was told there would be a six month wait so I rang the hospital a few weeks ago to see if it was imminent and was told there is a big delay and it would probably 9-12 months. Talk about disappointed!!

Has anyone else had experience of this, and has anyone actually had surgery done at Kings?

Thanks.

Allie x:eek:

Fizzy donna

Hi I waited seven months on list but over 16 months the whole process . I'm under st georges but having surgery at st anthonys in cheam so no help on the hospital front sorry and good luck x x

Jen1961

Is on her way!
Hi and welcome xxxx

Liesa

just browsing older posts, i had this was told in january this year that it was a 6 month wait... had to have other tests for something unrelated but found due to CT scan regarding my haitus hernia... so when i finally saw Mr Patel he said it was a 12 month waiting list but he backdated my start on the list to feb this year he said surgery should be next feb and im ready for it now xx

BrianT

Illegitimis nil carborund
Hi Allie,
I was also with Ms Chang (who is really good as are her team) and I was told 6 months also. As it turned out it was exactly a year to the day from seeing her to discuss the op and actually having the op. So sorry to be the bearer of bad news but rest assured you're in good hands. If you get Lister ward give my best to the team there they are all great people.

OOnion

Hi
I am also a Kings patient under Mr Patel, he told me about 8-9 months, I have been on the waiting list now since Feb 11, looks like it's going to be more like 12-14 months really. It's a bitter pill to swallow! Waiting is such a drag...
Good Luck and Merry Christmas x

helenback

not in the same area as you but like you i was also told 6-8 months and it has ended up being longer but only 12 months from first appt to op date x