• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WAITING LIST

chants

Hi All

I am currently on the waiting list of Dr Patel at Kings for a sleeve but the waiting list is 14 months. I have spoken to my GP and she has advised me that I should call around other hospitals to check what their waiting times are. I have asked her to refer me to Dr Adamo at UCH as accoring to the Bariatric nurses there waiting list is about 10 weeks. Has anyone been placed on their list recently and how long did you have to wait for surgery?

Many thanks

Don't know about other hospitals but my local one says that, if a patient transfers in from another trust, they have to start again and can't just be added to the waiting list.

Will be worth checking with UCH that they won't make you go through many months of appointments and waiting on top of the time on the waiting list.

Tatiana

Hi

St Richards in Chichester are working to a 12 week waiting list

MR El-Hassani at kings is working to a 2 year waiting list.

Guess who I was with at first.

Paul

I spoke to my GP on Friday about changing hospital, she said that i have to start all again but i'm thinking i've only be on there a short time it might be worth it. I will do a bit of ring around to see what other hospitals say first.

I have asked her to refer me to Dr Adamo at UCH as accoring to the Bariatric nurses there waiting list is about 10 weeks. Has anyone been placed on their list recently and how long did you have to wait for surgery?

Their waiting list "is about 10 weeks" is probably from the point of having seen the surgeon *and* undertaken all the pre-op tests (endoscopy, ECG, sleep apnoea test if needed, etc etc).

Anecdotally I have heart several times of people getting referred by their GP, and getting their op at UCH within 6 months (which is about 3 times faster than most other London hospitals).

I think I saw on a post on WLS a few days ago, cathykats said that she had her sleeve op at UCH within 4 months of starting the procedure.

I think "10 weeks" might be a tad ambitious, but it should be possible within 6 months or less and not the 18 months - 2 years that other London hospitals seem to be dealing with (inc the one I am with -- although I am NOT about to change -- I am now two months away from my operation !!!!!).

Back