• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I can't believe this forum exists!! yay!!!

SharonGore

I've been searching the web (apparently using wrong search words..!)
my name is Sharon and I am going to have a sleeve gastrectomy soon.

I've been going through the process via NHS for the past 9 months (GAH!!:mad:) without an end in sight, so decided to go privately in Europe. haven't decided on a location yet, so anyone with first hand experience- please please do share!
NHS keep pushing me around, asking me for more papers and more meetings (support group here, letter from personal trainer there, etc etc), and I've had enough.

so hi everyone :flirt2:

Hi hunni you've found an amazing forum lots of support and information, welcome and good luck xxx

Welcome to the fun...I mostly am anxious about everything :p I would go private if I could afford it but I can't so waiting for a miracle to happen with nhs. Good luck hun!

Hi and welcome to a great site. Its so valuable in many ways than one .Best wishes with your journey x

Hiya, I'm pleased you're finally getting somewhere on your journey!!
Welcome and hope u find this place useful x

Hello newbie, welcome to a fabtastic site!
The place is jammed packed with brilliant and oh so helpful guys all having been where you are now this site as helped me so much I cant say thank you enough To all on here from getting me from a newbie to anew member of the losers bench
Good luck

Hey Sharon. :welcome: There's a few people going abroad for surgery, so you'll certainly get some help and advice. :)

Hi and Welcome!.... I've just last Friday the 26th had a mini Gastric bypass in Brussels with Dr Chris de Bruyne. Everything went well and I couldn't fault the care I received. It was 7450 euros so lots less that the UK and I had NO chance on the NHS... My GP said I would have to have a BMI of at least 50 to get a referral from her... Mine was 39.... No regrets so far!... Best of luck!

Wow, thanks everyone!!

you all certainly know how to make a gal feel welcome :character00180:

I'm really truly excited and can't wait. already been browsing around- everyone look absolutely stunning!! you all lost so much weight this is so inspirational :)

looking forward to getting stuck into it- watch out for questions and borderline hysteria! haha xxx:D

Welcome, I am 10 months post op now and I really appreciated reading everyone's journey, it made me feel that I was not alone. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi I've chosen le harve in France for my gastric mini bypass,15/10/14.found it was half the price of UK & cheaper than anywhere else I researched.i travel cheap & easy enough via ferry at Portsmouth & have a travel ins that covers me for 12 month post op.all in all £6000
Including hotel stay.GMB op seems the good option 30-40 min op time,small incisions that leave small if no scars & it is reversible.downsides are slight as its a relatively a new procedure to compare with other types of ops but I have learnt that gastric reflux,gall & kidney stones can prove a problem but can be managed with meds,but what results they do have is very positive.actual weight loss is excellent too.ticks all the boxes for me I'll keep you all posted with my journey.all the best with your decision-sharongore

Back