• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I did it! I booked and paid...

BandedHun

Decided to take the plunge and booked it. So I'm going in on Saturday unsure what time at the moment and I'll be recovering Mother's Day ( great no choices for me ... Ohhh poo and no Easter egg this year! ) but I guess the plus side is my smaller stomached life will begin . A massive bonus I guess.

Did anyone find they were a tad tearful. I'm scared I'm never going to enjoy food again. ( started my dairy earlier then the phone rang and I didn't send it and I've lost everything... So I'm frustrated at the moment)

I'm on this pre op diet for five days.

The rules are ....

2 eggs max a day. No more .
Sugar free jelly
Clear soup or broth ( like oxo or bovril) yuk won't be touching that.
Chicken, fish or turkey or quorn either lunch or dinner
Any green vegetables
Any green salad
Three small portions of fruit per day
Herbal tea, tea or coffee black only.
3/4 litres of fluids MuST per day
Sugar free squash

Any thing not on the above is not allowed.

So I've now completed a day of this and I'm feeling deflated bored and no appetite ( its so blinking bland) sugar free squash is great and the jelly and fruit portions. But the meals. Well they lack season.

So it's made me kinda scared that this is my way new way of life and I'll never enjoy food again. . . . Please tell me different.

So that's me today ...

donna44

I went out for my last meal before I did the pre op diet, savoured every last mouthful. I started my pre-op diet on 26h December and had my op on the 5th January, so I was designated driver on New Years eve. The pre op is the hardest part of the diet. My favourite food before the band was a bacon sandwich, I cant stand the stuff now, your taste buds will totally change once you are banded and you will find eating a chore. I now eat less than my kids!. Good luck on Saturday x

BandedHun

Thanks Donna. That helps me feel better about it. I feel ok now I've had my jelly and 7 grapes. Lots of flavour so I feel so satisfied.

I tried to eat today like I had a band. So I chewed every tiny pea I ate. Every nail size piece of chicken I put in my mouth .... I waited between bites. And I was bored and fed up of eating. I knew exactly when I'd had enough. Same with the jelly. So I can see why everyone says about the band being good at reducing quantities. Great ... But I now realise how much work goes in after. I think I'll look forward to being 5 weeks post op and some weight loss.

Crystalrainbow

My pre op was pretty much the same as yours but for 2 weeks. I was terribly bland but was just happy to be eating food rather than 2 weeks of milk lol i got a pepper grinder and added pepper to everything!!! try some herbs too just to pep it up (if your allowed of course) :) I am afraid to say that post op slop is just as bland lol good luck on your journey x x and welcome to a fab site

BandedHun

Thanks crystal

Two weeks Urgh... Yes not looking forward to the liquid stage, but will try really mix it up lots to get a good flavour intake.

Is it soups protein shakes mainly or anything else you can have???

Crystalrainbow

I was lucky straight onto sloppy on day of op didn't have to do fluids :) am sure your provider will have a list for you on discharge. All providers has different rules but as long as you stick to your rules you will be fine x x
You maybe suprised at really liking oxo or alike, when i was pre op i craved savory and salty it really hit the spot, but had never in a million years touched it normally lol so don't rule it out :)

flutterby1966

So it's made me kinda scared that this is my way new way of life and I'll never enjoy food again. . . . Please tell me different.

Not sure about other banders opinions, but there's no reason why you shouldn't enjoy food ever again...you will just eat better quality and less volume(hopefully); and taste it more as you eat more slowly. I eat out c 3-4 times per week still and love my food ;)

louloumoo

Decided to take the plunge and booked it. So I'm going in on Saturday unsure what time at the moment and I'll be recovering Mother's Day ( great no choices for me ... Ohhh poo and no Easter egg this year! ) but I guess the plus side is my smaller stomached life will begin . A massive bonus I guess. Did anyone find they were a tad tearful. I'm scared I'm never going to enjoy food again. ( started my dairy earlier then the phone rang and I didn't send it and I've lost everything... So I'm frustrated at the moment) I'm on this pre op diet for five days. The rules are .... 2 eggs max a day. No more . Sugar free jelly Clear soup or broth ( like oxo or bovril) yuk won't be touching that. Chicken, fish or turkey or quorn either lunch or dinner Any green vegetables Any green salad Three small portions of fruit per day Herbal tea, tea or coffee black only. 3/4 litres of fluids MuST per day Sugar free squash Any thing not on the above is not allowed. So I've now completed a day of this and I'm feeling deflated bored and no appetite ( its so blinking bland) sugar free squash is great and the jelly and fruit portions. But the meals. Well they lack season. So it's made me kinda scared that this is my way new way of life and I'll never enjoy food again. . . . Please tell me different. So that's me today ...

I know I have posted... But I do want to reiterate really for your own reassurance...

For me.. And this is only my experience.
There is nothing I can't or don't have, therefor how could I miss food?

I only had 2 stone to loose, and that fell off.. I'm BMI 25 now, and 10 stone, more importantly size 10... So just health, normal, still curvy (a male friend told me I reminded him of Jessica rabbit yesterday!! ?) I know if u have more to loose then u will have to be stricter then me.. But that does not mean depriving yourself, the band takes time, it may feel like such a long time in fact, no quick fix. But when u get to the green zone...food will become less important, and hopefully u will feel satisfied from small amounts of good tasty food. Xx

BandedHun

Ahhh that's so reassuring louloumoo.
I feel that's what's will happen with me if I don't suffer with after pain too much. I'm so scared of being in pain and there are some horrific stories out there of after pain ... I'm just preying my surgeon is gentle with me lol... I did ask him to be gentle he promised bless him.

Thanks everyone. I feel abit happier today about it, I was so scared as it's my life savings gone into this xx