• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

may i be 2 and a half band buglady!!

buglady

hi just a quick update on my band probs as some of you are aware 4 weeks ago i had a port replacement done under a local my surgeon thought my port was leaking as they kept drawing out 4-5mls even after putting in 10-11 mls, so he decided to replace my port thinking it was that was leaking, however yesterday i want for a fill number two after my op last week 8 mls was put in and guess what 5mls was drawn out so i have a leak somewhere else, the guestimated opinion is the band bit at the top that wraps round the top of my stomach is leaking!! I have a app on tuesday to have a xray fill to see excatly where it is leaking then on to get it repaired im guessing so am i gonna be 2 and a halfbands alison pardon the pun liz?!! To make matters worse it was the worse fill ever so much poking to find the port as i have the remainds of a haematoma left from my port replacement 4 weeks ago! i burst in to tears thinking i am a failure but i do know its my band not me but everyone expects you to of lost more weight than i have and i sure if i was them i would be thinking Fern Britton has lost all that weight why havnt you!! So if anyone is thinking of telling lots of people they are going to have a band think again as complications happen and its added pressure to loose the weight i could do without!! Dont be put off by my experiences im quite rare and it doesnt happen often i still love my band (well one that works!) and i wouldnt want to be without it!! love alison xx

aww Alison sorry to hear that you have been having band trouble. My 1st band started like that with leakage. My xray fill with band no1 determoned the leak was from the band end also as the fill tube was slowly coming away from the band itself, unfortunatley for me it all had to be replaced, but fingers crossed for you that it may be just a simple repair job for you, i hope you get sorted soon.

Liz xxx

Aww you poor thing I hoped they get you sorted out a.s.a.p. then you can concentrate on getting your head round the eating bit...Good Luch hun XX

You have had a nightmare Alison :( I'm glad you are back to posting though and I hope you will stick around for some moral support hun xxxx
Wishing you lots of luck with the xray fill...I had one really nasty fill experience and I just wanted to get out of there asap..in the end the surgeon came in to do it. Thankfully those bad fills seem to be a rare event for us though.
Big hugs and I hope that this is all sorted finally for you very very soon.
x

Hi Alison,
So sorry to hear of your difficulties precious and sincerely hoping that you will overcome these and be able to make full progress...

Thinking of you and sending good luck and all good wishes xxx

Poor you, it sounds grim. I hope it can be sorted out simply and quickly for you.
Grace xxx

thanks everyone for all your messages and support i feel this is gonna be a long drawn out process with my band but its took me 20 odd years to put my weight on so i shouldnt complain how long will take for me to loose my weight ill keep you all up to date after my xray fill on tuesday!! xxxx

Hi everyone im back from my fluroscospy the results are as follows!! he said the main band round the top of my stomach is not leaking but he saw the port area leaking is, so the new port they put in 4 weeks ago is leaking again but when they did a test on the band that i had removed they diddnt find a leak(it has also been sent back to the manufactor to investigate!) im just wondering when my band is under pressure it springs a leak so ill ring on Thursday to find out some options prob a new port added once again thats the most painful bit!! so ill keep you all updated!xx

Hi just a update the surgeons secretary phoned today great considering i had my fluroscospy at half five last night he did say he was going to email the results to them! Well good news is the whole top bit of the band is not going to be replaced but just the port once again!! The surgeon did say he will do it under a general though so he can have a good look at whats going on and how come its leaking again? So this is all going to happen next thursday so hopefully a speedy pause to my weight loss journey and long may it continue!! alison xx

Back