• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I don't know what to do

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Hi everyone, I've not been on this site for a very long time. I had my sleeve in May 2012, I went from a size 24 to a size 10, I was ecstatic!!!
But for the last couple of years I've slid back to old ways. I'm now a size 16 and rising I really need a good kick up the backside, I can't stop eating rubbish, I don't know what to do

Well done on your original loss. :)

Do you still have any of the dietary info you were given to refresh your memory?

Would it help to list on here what you are eating so we can help you keep accountable?

Did you have any psychological support following surgery? Is this something you could access again or for the first time to look at why you eating rubbish? Do you have any ideas? Have you had some major life events that have triggered comfort eating?

It's good that you are asking for help now before it gets too out of hand. :) Well done.

Well done on your original loss. :)

Do you still have any of the dietary info you were given to refresh your memory?

Would it help to list on here what you are eating so we can help you keep accountable?

Did you have any psychological support following surgery? Is this something you could access again or for the first time to look at why you eating rubbish? Do you have any ideas? Have you had some major life events that have triggered comfort eating?

It's good that you are asking for help now before it gets too out of hand. :) Well done.
Thanks for your reply
Oh my head is a mess, I know what to do, I just can't do it, I'm eating copious amounts of rubbish, even eating until I vomit I think therapy is the way but I can't afford it, I need a kick

Thanks for your reply
Oh my head is a mess, I know what to do, I just can't do it, I'm eating copious amounts of rubbish, even eating until I vomit I think therapy is the way but I can't afford it, I need a kick
Have you spoken to your GP about it? Can you be referred by your GP for counselling/therapy if the waiting list isn't too long in your area, or is there a charity in your area that offers low cost?

Are there other people in your house you need food in for? What has helped me when I struggle, as I did over Christmas with Lindt Truffles - the red ones which I associate with someone only at Christmas who is not around, and ate two boxes!! (I do live on my own) was clearing out the rubbish, ordering from Tesco online and having a set list (you can't smell it, or be tempted), putting in my WLS diary when I have not done as I should and the reason I think why. It helps my head to understand what is going on with my emotions.

Oooh hello there @Caren :hugs:
Right then Mrs, enough of the niceness! You know what to do, we don't have a kick up the backside emoji so have this stick instead :1461:

Get rid of all the junk and stock up on the good stuff - you can do this. Focus on that protein and keep posting on here or I'll hound you on Facebook, ok?

Right, what are you having for tea...... xx

Hi hun :) well done on coming back and holding out your hand for help......its a hard thing to do eh.......I am in so the same place as you......... my messed up head got me going backwards and now just cant seem to find the reset switch...... i held out my hand for help.....did a self referral to my local councillor via the doctors surgery, called my team at the hospital ...today i've been back to the dietitian to review what i'm doing and fingers crossed some help is on its way for that old head...... for some of us it IS all about what we put in our mouths but for some it most certainly is an illness and it need the root causes to be unearthed and worked thru...... back to basics (if you can) and see if you can get some kind of help.....ask your gp :) everyone should be able to access some sort of counselling

wishing you all the best...keep popping along for fantastic support x x x x x

Hello and well done on being honest with yourself. Some fab suggestions up there ^. Where do you want to start?

Back