• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I fancy a milkshake can I have one?

Ric

Wants to run a marathon
I,m exactly one week post op, I was wondering would you advice this.

Blitzing a banana in the blenda and adding milk?

Or is it to soon?

Cheers guys

I know you can have sugar free Crusha added to milk but I can't see any reason as long as you liquidise it till it's really liquid why you can't have one. I think the rule is that you have to be able to suck it up a straw.

Kate x

Reactions: Ric
I've been having crusha mrs Q but they only do raspberry and strawberry sugar free, and well........I'm sick of it :p

As long there is no lumps hun I think be okay x

hi ric i have not had my surgery yet but what i have been reading up on so long as it agrees with you and as mrs q says as long as its so fine it goes up a straw it should be fine. another tip for getting your protine in is add a little protine powder to the shake, you can get this from holland and barret, happy milk shaking.xxx

I have 2 bananas in 500ml of semi-skimmed milk, blitzed! It is lush and filling too xx

Oohh I used to have these as a child yum and can blitz so smooth or lumpy whichever stage you are, in summer put a scoop full of low fat ice-cream (used to be full fat) and a spoon full of honey. Can people who had a bypass have honey as it is used a lot in smoothies and milkshakes? Thanks will def be having these post op. X

only if you're a good boy and eat all ya dinner :D xxx

Thanks guys, I'm gonna do it, can't wait!!!! Lol

And lol caren!! I will try and be a good boy :p

try a couple of heaped tablespoons of semi skimmed powdered milk to your shake to get an extra protein boost.........no need for protein shakes

bananas and skimmed or semi skimmed milk will be fine as long as completely smooth and could go up a straw. Adding powdered milk for extra protein is an excellent idea. I doubt you will manage much in one go at this stage, but if it helps you keep your fluids and protein up then go for it...

Do Sleevers dump? If so, I'd definitely steer clear of adding honey or syrups.

What about adding a scoop of low fat ice cream, is that allowed :eek:

oh sorry if i gave you the wrong advice ric but if you read on the recipe thread protine shakes are mentiond offten and come in differant flavours.xx any way enjoy you shake thats the main thing. ha ha

Sounds lovely with the banana.. I couldnt tolerate milk in the early days post op though, it made me feel very sickly and I had to lie down! Fine with milk now though so will defo try this xx

On my sheet home from hosp says low fat ice cream allowed x

Back