• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I Feel So Ill...

Mrs Quiggle

Think I've got food poisoning. It's my own fault, we had a BBQ last night and everyone else is fine but I only ate half of mine and put the rest in the microwave to save for later. I re-heated it at about 10pm and from 1.30am I've had terrible pain just below my ribs and I've been sick. Couldn't lay down in bed as the pain was worse and I can't even keep water down now. I feel so rank and thirsty. I keep sipping water but it keeps coming back.

Do you think it is food poisoning. It was a chicken wing, half a sausage half a tiny jacket and half a half corn on the cob.

I've phoned the bariatric nurse at St. Georges but as usual can't get hold of her, have left a message. Thought I'd better just in case.

Anyone got any experience of this. Hoping it is FP and not anything worse. Was fine till I had the second half.:needhug::9529:

:hug99:

Don't have any advice lovely - hope you feel better soon.

Could it be you ate too quickly or too much? I get pain just below my ribs when I do that, then I spend the next few hours being naseas, trying to throw up (and just getting foam) and eventually I will throw up (sometimes two or three times) and will feel better.

oh Kate, i hope you're better soon :( sounds like it could be fp xxx

Definitely sounds like fp. I had exactly the same symptoms a few yrs ago. It's awful. You must see a dr if you can't keep water down. You'll be very dehydrated which makes you feel worse too. Did you spend a long time in the sun? Could also be sun stroke. PHONE YOUR GP! xx

I agree with Kellbells... sun and bbq food.. and also heating it up later... makes a food poisoning cocktail. i hope you are feeling better now? xx

Thanks all. Stopped being sick around 12.30 this afternoon and have had a dry cracker and a cup of tea and some water that I have kept down. Feeling a bit weak and slightly nauseous but ok otherwise. Don't think I'll be going in to work tomorrow though.

Kate x

It's rare to get food poisoning so quickly. It sounds more like a blockage to me, which gives all the same symptoms you described especially not even being able to drink water. Now it's eased keep to simple foods as your pouch may be swollen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Oh Kate that's miserable! Hope you get it out of your system soon, and back up to fighting strength! Mind you, check the scales - you might be in for a nice surprise! Lol (desperately trying to find the positive here!!) x x

Hope you're feeling better today hun x

Did you eat the skin from the chicken wing? I heard that it was really bad for bypassers and can easily cause a blockage.

Well do you know, the I think about it, the more I'm thinking it could have been a blockage rather than FP as I didn't have any diarrhea which I would think would be normal with FP. I didn't eat the chicken skin but what I did have which I've not had before was bbq'd sweetcorn on the cob. I've had it just cooked in the microwave and chewed well but this was quite crsipy and dark brown as it would after being put on the bbq. I did cook it in the microwave first though. That's the only thing I can think of that I havn't had before that could of caused it.

I ate really easy soft foods yesterday and still got a bit of cramping pain in my stomach just under my ribs when I ate. Even drinking too quickly caused the discomfort so I'm pretty sure that is the reason, a blockage. Didn't realise you got them with a bypass. Thought it was more a band thing. Tell you something though. I wont be eating bbq sweetcorn again lol. Back to work today.

Kate x P.S. I've lost 41b ha ha. Might go back on again though.

Back