• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did you feel better after your Vitamin B12 injections?

Pookiedoodle

Totally in love with Mika
Hello everyone.

I've just had my first B12 shot - ouchy!!!!

I am really hoping that after my initial course of 6 in 2 weeks, I will begin to have a little more energy.

I have never felt this tired in my life, not even after having my children.

Pleeeeease tell me I'm going to be full of beans and bouncing around like a mad woman!!

xx

Hello everyone.

I've just had my first B12 shot - ouchy!!!!

I am really hoping that after my initial course of 6 in 2 weeks, I will begin to have a little more energy.

I have never felt this tired in my life, not even after having my children.

Pleeeeease tell me I'm going to be full of beans and bouncing around like a mad woman!!

xx

Hi Emma

In my experience, yes!

I felt really tired, apathetic etc in February and the date set for the injection (ouchee indeed!!) was 17th. I eventually had the shot a week later and did notice a big improvement in energy levels. So I will not be letting the date go by next time.

My surgery did not offer the 6 consecutive injections because they said it wasn't needed as I wasn't suffering from pernicious aneamia (which is caused by lack of B12)

I really hope the shots help you.

Hope they make you feel better Emma. I hate injections but my 4 band fills didnt hurt at all, dont envy you having to have a series of outchy ones :(

I can honestly say that mine didnt have much impact on how I feel. I was mildly tired before mine but I expected to be so soon after the surgery and my provider wants me to have it every three months. The nurse that gave me the injection said that you normally get a bit of a buzz afterwards but I didnt feel anything afterwards and I still dont. In fact I feel really tired lately but I think that its because I am doing more now and had a couple of weeks where I went to bed really late and got up early. Whatever the reason I am having my bloods checked soon anyway to see how everything is going.
Long story short, nope, I didnt feel any better or any different for having the B12 injection.
Stephieack xx

Thanks so much for your answers everyone.

I've got to go for my 2nd one tomorrow, not something I'm looking forward to as I had my holiday jabs, and my B12 yesterday, so the tops of both my arms are so swollen and sore.

This had better work!!!

xx

Hi

My surgery team said I should have the B12 every 3 months and had my first one end January but hand on heart can't say I noticed any difference at all (apart from a a sore arm for a few days), maybe I didn't really need it, didn't have bloods checked first as they want this to be done as routine.

Still tired but I do work long hours so suppose that's only to be expected. Certainly don't feel like I thought I might.
Second one late April so waiting expectantly to see if I fell better after that one.

i had to have mine before my bloods were tested aswell and have um every 3 months. i dont notice any different but they sting like a *****! my gp wants me to learn to do it myself! hell to the no i say!!!! xx

I need mine every 2 months, as am a veggie, and always feel better after it;):D

Back