• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have a cough

cathykats

Hi all I'm due to have my sleeve on Tues 22nd nov but I now have a cough and I'm worried that I won't get rid of it in time, scared they'll cancel my op. Cathykats x

Hi all I'm due to have my sleeve on Tues 22nd nov but I now have a cough and I'm worried that I won't get rid of it in time, scared they'll cancel my op. Cathykats x

See if you can get in with your GP tomorrow, make sure it hasn't gone to your chest, needing antibiotics. If it's just a tickly one, over the counter soothers should do the trick. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Cathi my chest is feeling a little blocked :( I'm gonna go to the doctors in the morning see if she will give me antibiotics :/ x

Inhaling steam by putting a towel over your head and leaning over a bowl of hot water should help clear it. Good luck.

We Caths have to stick together, especially when we share an op date!

I'm sharing the date with you too now. Exciting isn't it. My husband has a stinking cold and I'm trying to keep away from him. Mind you, I've not had a cold since I had my heart attack last Nov. so hopefully I'll be ok.

Hope you're cough eases soon and doesn't go to your chest.

Kate x

Hope you are feeling better today, sweetie ... I had a cough & cold just prior to my op buy did the steam treatment with menthol crystals plus Corvonia, sugar free & I scraped though ... just. It didn't go to my chest though so would probably have been ok anyway, but wouldn't have enjoyed coughing immediately post op :eek: You still have 4 days for it to clear a bit :) Good luck to all three of you for Tuesday xxx :):):)

Hope ur cough goes in time for ur op Hun n good luck u 3 ;) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi ladies, I went to see my GP today she gave me antibiotics but only because of the surgery . I did the steam like you said Marie and it really helped & I'm going to do it again tonight :) Good luck Kate ! And thank you all for being really supportive it really does help!

Hi Cathy, You can also get sugar free cough medicine called Robitussin which will help with chest congestion. Make sure its the one that is sugar free, sorbitol free and low in sodium as they do multiple varieties. I am sure that there are other sugar free cough medicines on the market too. Hope you feel better soon. Cx

Back