• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have no idea if i'm doing well or not...

I posted this in the 6 months post op too, but I thought I might sling it in here aswell...

I have no idea if im doing well or not as I have had little to no contact with my hospital since my op, and i am currently in the middle of a complaint with them...

So, Im 9 and a bit months out, and i started at 19 stone and 7lbs.

I am now 11 stone and 2.8lbs - Some days I think this is fantastic, and havent I done well... and then others (most days) I worry im not doing as well as I could. I have lost just over 8 stone and I am now a healthy BMI, but I still feel fat.
My dress size has gone from a 24 to an all over size 12.

Okay, honesty time... *deep breath*

I don't exersice. I did for about a month, daily, and then I stopped, so I have lost all that weight with no daily/weekly exersice.

I also have never been concerned with my carb intake, or overly worried about my protein.
I have a varied and healthy diet. I have never used protein supplements.
*prepares to get told off* ... I also dont take any vits, or calcium. I had very poor health recently, had my bloods done, and everything was totally normal and fine, bar my B12, so I had to have an injection ever other day for 2 weeks and now an injection every 3 months...

I guess I just have no idea if im doing okay, if ive lost as much as i should have.

I am still loosing weight, not as fast as I was.
Ihave lost 8lbs in the past month, so still not bad, and especially as i dont move my chubby butt very much!

Im feeling quite low with all the worrying, and I feel so guilty when I eat things.

I wonder if it will ever get to a point where im happy with my weight.

Maybe it would just be enough if I knew how I was doing, my OH tells me how well Ive done, but I guess I need to hear it from someone in the know.. gah.

Am I the only one who feels like this?!

Sorry for the rambling.:sigh:

I am glad you posted this on here as well. I couldn't reply on the other one. It sounds to me as though you are doing great. They say an average of 1 stone in the first 6 months I am sure. So just over 8 stone is brilliant well done.

I'm glad you posted here as well as I'm not quite 6 months yet so couldnt post on your other thread.

I think your weight loss is outstanding, and to have achieved that with no exercise is a remarkable achievement. However, you stand a better chance of long term maintenance if you introduce some exercise as eventually you will need to ensure you are burning more calories than you are consuming.

Also, I totally agree with the advice on the other thread about taking your supplements. You run serious risk of long term complications from vitamin/mineral deficiencies. Please start taking your vits.

I know im duplicating this, but its the only way some people can reply or even read this!

Thank you so much for all the replies.

Mix - i am 11stone not 12:p lol and i do actually have some size 10 clothes that fit, and tbh, i have a cross trainer and i do plan on using it once i get to a point where im struggling to loose. I have to admit, i was doing a lot on it before i got so low on B12, and my B12 has only just been fixed, the dr said it will take some time to get my energy back up, so im hoping that will help and ill shift my butt into doing it again.

candie, my symptoms were...
Always tired
dizzy when standing up (which i suffer from all the time now)
i became so so so so so pale
bruising
feeling like crap all the time
sleeping for 12 hours and still be tired and needing to nap.
big bags under my eyes
etc etc lol

get your bloods done, B12 can be linked to anemia also - so ask them to check.
I had B12 problems when i was litte also.

The reason i stopped with my vits is cos the forcival was making me sick... and then i just kindda got out the habbit of taking normal multi vits!

im so glad for this part of the forum, and to know im not alone :)

thanks for the kick up the butt i needed, im about to go throw a multivit down my salad hole (used to be a cake hole, not so much these days!)

.x.

oh ps... i do get the occasional urge to go out on a rather huuuge walk, so atleast i am getting some movement! (its more of a hike, along the great glen way!)

Back