• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lucky - or not? No dumping.

Perissa

Well it would appear that I am one of the 'lucky' ones who doesn't dump. I had a packet of Cadbury's chocolate buttons Easter Sunday with not even a hint of a dump.

At almost 6 months post op I have been very cautious about eating anything that might make me dump until I threw caution to the wind and had the buttons.

Trouble is that I can't get it out of my head. I keep thinking, one little packet won't harm. Well no it probably wouldn't but we all know where that road leads - well in my case anyway as I am and always will be a chocoholic whether I am eating chocolate or not.

So do I consider myself lucky? Mmnnn not sure really.

Why the hell did it have to taste sooooo good. After almost 6 months of no chocolate it should have tasted horrible, sweet and sickly and if I am honest I secretly wanted to dump to put me off ever having it again but no, now I am lusting after it every minute of the day.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :copon:

I think denying urself will only make u crave things more. I think a lil bit in moderation will do you good. Why not set a day each month, one day, when you can have some chocolate? x

Completely agree with you fed up much better to have a little now and again than to feel deprived. Wording to say to yourself is I can have it but I choose not to, more positive than I can't have it!

I have some conflicting advice for you so sorry if I waffle:

On one hand,

A little of what you fancy is okay as long as you are in control, not the food. Moderation is the key for lifelong changes like the bypass.

On the other hand,

You obviuosly have a food addiction if choc is all you can think about since you ate it. Many of us do, I know it is my drug of choice!!! Sounds like choc is a trigger food for you (makes you want more and more) so if you want to keep control of you eating you should probably steer clear of anything that calls to you that way, at least until you reach whatever goal you have set.

So take from that what you will hun, and know that I mean it in the very best way possible. Let us know what you come up with because everyone here might benefit for giving this some thought.

((Hugs))
Nic;)

I have never dumped but find if I do want chocolate a tiny square is enough to satisfy me...I have almost lost my sweet tooth altogether now and thinking about sweet stuff makes me kind of want to heave....before surgery I was 50% sweet and 50% savoury now its about 1% sweet which I can live with....I prefer a nice tarty bottle of cockles drenched in vinegar now lol..xx

I also have not experianced dumping yet. Although I havent had a lot of sugary stuff. I did have a donut but I got rid of that and I had 10 tiny jelly beans last night and was fine. Not sure how much sugar I have to have to make me dump. Did eat chocolate in belguim and that also had no effect

A little of what you fancy is okay as long as you are in control, not the food. Moderation is the key for lifelong changes like the bypass.

On the other hand,

You obviuosly have a food addiction if choc is all you can think about since you ate it. Many of us do, I know it is my drug of choice!!! Sounds like choc is a trigger food for you (makes you want more and more) so if you want to keep control of you eating you should probably steer clear of anything that calls to you that way, at least until you reach whatever goal you have set.

I couldn't agree more, like the 80/20 rule - as long as you moderate 80% of the time you can be 'naughty' for 20% BUT if I'd stuck to that rule I wouldn't have ended up needing WLS now would I :sigh:.

Being an all or nothing type person I think the best I can hope for is to steer clear, maybe just allow myself some on special occasions.

yea i would rather stay clear 100% of it .. i love choc more than anything i eat it every day in all kinds of form.

bars. yog, cakes, drinks, what ever i can get.

and i would hope that once i have had the op i dump big style if i try it..

choc has ruled my life and ruined my life and i want to make sure its out of my life for good..

so i think i would be upset did i not dump.

xx

i dump with everything ! i had a salad for supper on fri night with a bit of pizza express light dressing, and dumped big time, i just have to lie down and let it pass if it`s a bad one, or drink loads of water to flush it out. bloody hate it !!! sometimes i dont eat all day as i`m scared of dumping when i`m with the kids. hope it wont last forever, also if any more of my hair falls out, going to freak !

i dump with everything ! i had a salad for supper on fri night with a bit of pizza express light dressing, and dumped big time, i just have to lie down and let it pass if it`s a bad one, or drink loads of water to flush it out. bloody hate it !!! sometimes i dont eat all day as i`m scared of dumping when i`m with the kids. hope it wont last forever, also if any more of my hair falls out, going to freak !

Have you not started taking selenium? I started it a couple of weeks ago and its already slowed it right down...xx

charlie is that on script or do u just buy it I seem to have more hair lost post op aswell

I had a cadbury cream egg tonight. Before the bypass I adored them, they were definately one of my favorites. I ate it and felt very disappointed, not because I had eaten it but because I did'nt enjoy it. It was way too sweet and I wished I had'nt have bothered. Luckily I did'nt dump either. I don't think I'm gona bother with chocolate or sweet things anymore, they just don't do anything for me now. How weird, I could'nt get enough of sweets and chocolate prior to the op and now, well I guess I just don't need them anymore.

I had a cadbury cream egg tonight. Before the bypass I adored them, they were definately one of my favorites. I ate it and felt very disappointed, not because I had eaten it but because I did'nt enjoy it. It was way too sweet and I wished I had'nt have bothered. Luckily I did'nt dump either. I don't think I'm gona bother with chocolate or sweet things anymore, they just don't do anything for me now. How weird, I could'nt get enough of sweets and chocolate prior to the op and now, well I guess I just don't need them anymore.

I used to like the odd glass of warm milk prior to surgery but it also tastes too sweet now....xx

I had a cream egg too the other night and ate the whole lot of it and didn't dump, I felt a bit sickly after it, but didn't really enjoy it, But I have to say I do usually have 2 squares of chocolate a day, as I look at this as a Lifetime change and I am not depriving myself of anything, I eat in moderation and now I know when to stop. before the Op I could have eaten 3 or 4 Bars of chocolate, I just don't see it the same anymore, and I can take it or leave it.

Back