• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not Feeling Full

Mark01/05/2009

On my way................
Hi everyone.

Hope your all doing well and losing lots. :D

Over the last few days I have hardly ever felt full and I am becoming worried. When I am eating I havent been feeling the food in my stomach and havent been sure when to stop eating. Im getting concerned that the amount I am eating is creeping back up. Plus I only lost 1 lb over the last 10 days so I am becoming a little paranoid....

I am now 5 and a half months post bypass and am 8 stone down which im definately not complaining about.... im just worried that my poach will have stretched? Is there a way I can test it to see if it has and if so is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks in advance xxx

Hi Mark

Your pouch is designed to stretch out slightly the further you go along, they initially make it about 2 oz which is the size of a golf ball full, and slowly it will stretch to about 6-8 oz in size which allows you to accomodate more food longerterm. They make the pouch so small to start with to really boost the weight loss when you start, this is why they call the first 6 months the 'golden period'

At your stage you should be eating more solid foods and try not to chew what you eat to mush either, this way you will reach restriction with what your eating easier and quicker, you'll also find your appetite should or will be returning, you'll start to crave food more and the deisre to eat will be a lot stronger than when you were immidiately post op, again this is normal and nothing to worry about.

My eating now is almost back to normal, i can eat most of a restuarnt size main course without much problem.

Hi Mark ,

I am a sleever myself but i know there is a 5 day pouch test bypassers use,hope the link below helps .

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

xx

No the 5 day pouch test was designed by an American dietician to address long term bypass abuse and post operative eating disorders, and in Marks case at 5 months post op isn't appropriate in this case, to really stretch your pouch takes months if not years of post op abuse, the part of the stomach the pouch is made from has a thick band of muscle around it thus fairly difficult to stretch, though it is designed to stretch out slightly naturally over time to bring your eating back to a kind of normality. What Marks experiencing is noraml and he needs to look at what he's eating and change softer sloppier foods for harder more chewy foods.

At your stage you should be eating more solid foods and try not to chew what you eat to mush either, this way you will reach restriction with what your eating easier and quicker,
Boy am I glad to see this bit in writing. I was seriously beginning to doubt the chew chew chew mantra as I worried about chewing everything into a mash, which would no doubt create a slider kind of food and as you point out, defeat restriction. I can understand the chew mantra when first introducing solids. At just over two months out, I am certainly not following the chew to death mantra. I leave texture in the food I swallow and can feel my restriction just fine.

I just posted about the opposite problem, I am instantly full after one bite, you are having my share!

Hope you get the problem solved soon, I think the solid food things sounds like the best idea, although if food is too dry they don't stay down for me. Hope you have more luck xx

Boy am I glad to see this bit in writing. I was seriously beginning to doubt the chew chew chew mantra as I worried about chewing everything into a mash, which would no doubt create a slider kind of food and as you point out, defeat restriction. I can understand the chew mantra when first introducing solids. At just over two months out, I am certainly not following the chew to death mantra. I leave texture in the food I swallow and can feel my restriction just fine.

Yep this is absolutely right, in the early stages you need to chew to death everything, but as the pouch and intestine starts to adjust you can change the way you eat and what you swallow, it takes time and paitence though and a lot of experimentation to get it right, it ain't going to happen overnight !

No the 5 day pouch test was designed by an American dietician to address long term bypass abuse and post operative eating disorders, and in Marks case at 5 months post op isn't appropriate in this case, to really stretch your pouch takes months if not years of post op abuse, the part of the stomach the pouch is made from has a thick band of muscle around it thus fairly difficult to stretch, though it is designed to stretch out slightly naturally over time to bring your eating back to a kind of normality. What Marks experiencing is noraml and he needs to look at what he's eating and change softer sloppier foods for harder more chewy foods.

It seems my link wouldnt have helped you after all Mark :(,i think i will keep quiet and leave it to the experts .

Hope your feeling better soon.
xx

Silversurfer your posts are fab honestly I was reading your reply in rosejohnsons recent thread and thought wow then I came to this one and thought double wow, so thank-you because they have helped me too!

Mark I can identify with how you are feeling although I'm just 1 month behind you I started to worry when I saw the amount I could eat increase and weight loss slow right down but its all normal and I certainly feel a lot more human now than I did the first few months and I know that now the weightloss has slowed it's probably less hard for my body. I just worry it will stop before I reach my target and I worry that I will put some weight on.....

Back