• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I knew it was going too well...

mandym1

For lunch today, melba toast, with light philli and ham. I have had this before with no problems but it got stuck! It was my own fault as I wasnt concentrating and swallowed before I had chewed enough. It was uncomfortable for a while but it passed. Ive just tried some chicken casserole and steamed veg and same again its stuck and I only had a tiny bit... but I have been sick this time! It was more like froth than sick... I'm not eating anything again today just sticking to fluids.. is that the the best thing to do now?

Sorry to hear this. Perhaps this is what I've seen people call the rabid dog on here !?! I can't advise as I'm not done yet but hope you feel better soon
x

I find that if something gets stuck at lunchtime then it usually happens at teatime too. I think the band get irritated.
I'm glad you said froth because that's what I bring up too!
You are defo right to stick to soft food or fluids for a day.

This will happen a lot if you dont concentrate!Just make yourself sick and yes the froth is weird to deal with like frogspawn!Just sip some water then you should be ok to carry on eating,slowly!

Its so easy to go on auto pilot and eat like I used to... concentration from now on! :asskick:

Its so weird being sick I used to make all kinds of wretching noises when I was sick I sounded terrible but now I vomit like a lady.. very dainty and quiet. :8855:

Its gone now but sticking to fluids until tomorrow. Thanks everyone x

Awww mandym1 I hope your feeling better soon, they u can be ok with something one min n it effect u the next, hope it ok xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

What you're experiencing doesn't sound like food actually getting stuck, it's wind trapped in the pouch. Symptoms are pain just under you'd breastbone, sickness, bringing up froth, and belching. It is caused by eating too quickly or swallowing too much in one go, and as you've discovered can happen after the first forkful!

To ease it walk around, get someone to rub your back (like burping a baby) and try to burp.

When food is genuinely stuck, it isn't as painful. You find that you can't swallow anything, sometimes even your own saliva is too much, and if you try to drink anything it will come back up. Only way to solve it is to give it time to soften and pass through, which can take a few hours.

With trapped wind and blockages your pouch can feel tender and swollen for 12-24 hours afterwards, if so stick to soups and sloppy foods.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

That sounds spot on Shell, it was definitely wind as I had all of them symptoms. Thankfully I am ok now but learned my lesson x

Back