• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can anyone help

stefanie

I am still struggling to eat. Today I had a roast potatoe mashed down with gravy and some cauliflower cheese but it really hurt and I was sick. I tried some yogurt, again I was sick so I tried some porridge - sick again. I now feel like I have something large stuck in my chest .

This seems to be happening daily and I am beginning to not want to eat as I am too frightened .

Has anyone else gone through this?

Sorry I can't update my status as I am on my I phone. I had a bypass 17 days ago and pre&post surgery I have lost 44 lbs

Its maybe too soon to be eating that sort of stuff. What about when you have liquids ie soups/shakes? How are you then? When I had my bypass I was 2 weeks liquids and then onto puree/mash so maybe its a bit soon or things were too thick??? Did you chew enough and not drink with the food? Sorry for all these questions.

I have found not just meats and fiberous stuff gets stuck,sometimes claggy/gloopy food can stick.Cheese,thick sauces can come back up.I do think you might of eaten too quickly.Dont do anything but eat at mealtimes.

I was thinking about going onto soups for a bit. Do you think it maybe a hernia?

I was not drinking with my meAl, I made that mistake a few days ago, ouch xx

Firstly, we never ever eat 30 minutes either side of a meal. It's a golden rule and there for a reason.

As you are only 17 days post op i'm guessing roast potato and even possibly cauliflower is a bit ambitious. Cauli because of the fibrousness...

After my bypass i was told 4 weeks fluids, 4 weeks puree, 4 weeks solids. This was a bit harsh so i altered it slightly but no way would i be on roast potatoes at 17 days....

Step back onto fluids while your pouch recovers from being sick and then slowly introduce foods. Check out www.bariatriccookery.com for ideas of what and when to eat if you need too xxx

Hi there

Thanks for the replies

I have today had weetabix, a smoothie, some soup and a yogurt, oh yes 10 prawn crackers which I sucked!!!

Much better day, thanks.

Also discovered nas tropincana lemonade. Yum

Oh yes also nas cola bottle dilute!!! Quite a good substitute for cola, and no fizz whatsoever as you mix with water.

Had a massive set back, not even able to keep clear liquids down now. So scared I will need more surgery.

Is the tropicanna lemonade you drink fizzy?
I am five weeks post op and I dont eat roast potato yet or anything that isn't mushed up. I still eat sloppy food and I dont eat anything sweet. Do you put sugar on the Weetabix you eat? I can't drink much liquid either and am lucky if I can manage about three glasses of low sugar ribena per day. I can only manage half a cup of tea a day, I think this is because there is milk in it.
I would go straight back to a liquid diet for a few days until your tummy recovers from your surgery. I dont think it had time to recover before you were eating things that were too difficult to digest. You will soon get better. Remember.......... Sip your drinks, nothing sweet (as you know because you drink nas drinks) don't eat anything chunky, keep the fats down because our stomaches cant tolerate that either at this stage.
I do hope you feel better soon.
Take your time with it.
My tummy still hurts all the time and I am often sick a little bit. Please take good care of yourself.
Lynne xx

Eat VERY slowly, wait til you can feel each spooonful hit your pouch and I mean the TIP of a teaspoon. I would go back to smooth soups and very very little at your stage and start again. Then very sloppy pureed veg and gravy or home made low fat cheese sauce and thicker soups... you really need to take it slow.

Back