• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Never knew crispy was so good!!!

Mixman

So yesterday was my first attempt at giving my parents their space again and being at home and stopping the night, just to see how it made me feel! Wonderful by the way. There's no place like home!

So I also decided to have a go at some melba toast with philly light on. Yes it was a couple of days earlier than the recommended 3 weeks according to my diet sheet, but I thought 'What the hell' everything else has been brilliant and I have been really sensible and good, if it makes me sick I am at home on my own and it's only me that has to answer for it!

Well HALLELUJAH!!!! I ate a few no problem!! The melba toast from the local co-op is wafer thin and tiny anyway but I chewed and munched and crunched. How silly was I? Finally getting something to eat properly rather than just suck everything!! It was truly amazing!!

well done Mix...don't you just miss something crunchy? I'm on sloppies at the moment and can't wait to get my teeth into a ryvita and hummous again :drool:

I'm sooo peed off wiv sloppy stuff too, and i'm only 12 days post op:eek::eek:

So yesterday was my first attempt at giving my parents their space again and being at home and stopping the night, just to see how it made me feel! Wonderful by the way. There's no place like home!

So I also decided to have a go at some melba toast with philly light on. Yes it was a couple of days earlier than the recommended 3 weeks according to my diet sheet, but I thought 'What the hell' everything else has been brilliant and I have been really sensible and good, if it makes me sick I am at home on my own and it's only me that has to answer for it!

Well HALLELUJAH!!!! I ate a few no problem!! The melba toast from the local co-op is wafer thin and tiny anyway but I chewed and munched and crunched. How silly was I? Finally getting something to eat properly rather than just suck everything!! It was truly amazing!!

I always have melba toast in the cupboard s I know these always go down well and if I don't fancy eating anything they are a good back up, they are nice with most things including corned beef, ham, sliced tomatoes and cucumber, radishes, chilli, the list is endless lol.

Hi Mixman, did you have band or bypass?

I had ryvita and philadelphia (garlic & herb) yesterday for the 1st time and it was delicious, had it again for my brekkie this morning!

You should make your own melba toast, pop a slice of bread under the grill and toast it both sides, when its done cut off the crusts and slice through the middle splitting it in half, put the untoasted sides back in the grill and bobs your uncle..........you dont know how fresh the shop bought ones are, you're best doing your own, they are delicious with homemade veg soup.......uuummm im so hungry now!

Hi Mixman, did you have band or bypass?

I had ryvita and philadelphia (garlic & herb) yesterday for the 1st time and it was delicious, had it again for my brekkie this morning!

You should make your own melba toast, pop a slice of bread under the grill and toast it both sides, when its done cut off the crusts and slice through the middle splitting it in half, put the untoasted sides back in the grill and bobs your uncle..........you dont know how fresh the shop bought ones are, you're best doing your own, they are delicious with homemade veg soup.......uuummm im so hungry now!

I had a sleeve gastrectomy! Similar rules to a bypassers diet!

Well done Mixman...Must have tasted so good.

Do you still get hungry?...Has your appetite changed a lot?...Do you get the dreaded head hunger?

(((hugs)))

Mixman...Glad you enjoyed the melba toast and I know how you feel as I'm in the middle of my 2nd week on fluids following my op on the 10th July so "good for you" and it's also quite exciting exploring food all over again albeit more balanced etc...
Mark

I've just had dutch crispbake and hummus!yummy and they melt in the mouth:p:p:p

Back