• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I know it has been a while...

...but i hadn't forgotten about you all!

I had been internetless (except for on my blackberry) since about a month after my op...

But i still have been reading :)

It's great to see how well your all doing, and fantastic to see so many more people here :) - best of luck to all you newbies!

I have lost just shy of 7 stone... (1.4lbs away!) since the 1st of may... which i am veeerrryyy happy with :)

Ive gone from wearing a size 22 coat to a size 12 and from a 22 jean size to a 14-16 :)

My skin is, however, that of an 84 year olds... but it is still worth it :)

My engagment ring no longer fits, just falls off my finger, and my glasses regularly fall of my not so fat head now lol.

Other than a few problems with anxiety and damaging my knee, its all gone very well... although i did throw up more than i'd like to... however that has clamed down.

To anyone thinking of this op... it has its plus side and it's down side... and you really need to think long and hard... cos it is hard.. and its hard after the op and its a change to your life (and those around you) forever.

I think i was waaaay to flippent about the whole thing pre op... i just assumed it would be easy. I WAS WRONG.

I wouldnt change it though :)

Now I have the internet i hope to be back here more...

Oh and on a personal note... Phatgirl... thank you so much for the advice you have given, and for posting on the daily menu page so often... it has helped me so much :)

Lovelove. Rebecca .x.

ps. i added some pics to my album... I will put up a full body shop when i find my usb cable :) those are just ones i stole off my facebook lol

Last edited:
:clap: :wow:you've done amazingly well since your surgery,

I think i was waaaay to flippent about the whole thing pre op... i just assumed it would be easy. I WAS WRONG.

I wouldnt change it though
:)

i echo those feelings totally, i didn't think it would be easy but easier than it actually is if you know what i mean :)
:welcome2:back :D

Sharon

Thanks sharon :)

So you had your op in 2008? - how are you getting on hun?

.x.

hiya
well, i've lost about 51/2 stone so thats good but at the moment i am stuck :eek:, my own fault tho bad diet choices :sigh:. Have gone off track since i had a couple of ops on my hip the last of which was in July. Since then i haven't been able to go to the gym (i'm still paying for it:() and have basically been comfort eating. I bet you wish you hadn't asked now lol:D, i have this awful craving for sweet/sugary foods (i have managed to curb choc craving tho:eek:)
i know i'm not drinking enough water, or eating enough protein, tho on a good note i have been eating lots more fruit, but i have been getting lots of advice and hints about different things on here so i'm glad i came across this site. Phew am out of breath now :p. But i am trying everyday to get back on track some days are better than others, but gotta keep trying cos i would like to reach my target sooner rather than later,:)
Sharon

Its lovely to see you back Rebecca :) and you've done so very well too.

Your right it isnt a decision to take lightly, today for instance I read the
Bezoars (what kind of name is that lol) thread and thought Hmmm I wonder if that would have been a consideration pre op, especially in light of all the meds I have to take
Anyway, just wanted to welcome you back :) Xx

Shaz, any loss is a good loss!!! And at least you know whats going wrong food wise, and by the looks of it your doing your best to address that, which is a great thing :D

Swizzle... it's great to be back! :D - how are you getting on now youve had your op?

.x.

Im doing ok thanks Bee :)

Had a scary blip 2 weeks post op with blood thinners and things but all seems well now :)

I think I have been quite lucky op wise, just struggling to keep my intake of food and water up........Im sure practise makes perfect though ;)

Lovely pics on yoru profile btw :)

Xx

Hi Rebecca

Its great to see you hun, and your weight loss is absolutely fantastic. Well done.

Hope you will stick around x

Bee you look fantastic in your pictures! So pleased that you are feeling good and its really good for people to hear your statements that it isnt all easy!

A verrrrrrry big well done xxxxxxx

Swiz im glad your getting a long okay :) and your right... practice does make perfect.

Sam - it's great to be back, and thank you... your weight loss is fab!!!

Mark - thank you so much! your loss is amazing! you men are so lucky, you all seem to loose so quick! still hard work tho eh!!! but rly, amazing pre and post op pics you have mark! such a diff!!!

.x.

Well done hun, 7st is a fab loss:D:D

Thank you candie!!! your doing pretty darn well eh!

.x.

hi wb u r doing gr8 im having sleeve in 5 weeks and havent took it lightly i know theres such big changes 4 me and my son to come im sure i will ome out the other end and thing hey this was all worth it im sure with support of this site i will 4 sure xx

sarah, i dont much about the sleeve, but im sure if i can help at all i will if you ever need it.

I bet you cant wait!

not long to go hun!!!

.x.

You look great, well done :)

You have done brillliantly well done, like you I have had major comp probs and not been able to get onto the site, also didnt realise we had an annexe so to speak just found it today thought the group was disbanded or something.

Anyway I know what you are saying, I agree, I had people saying to me to phone and get my dates brought forward, but I was happy to wait as I really felt my head needed to be in the right place before undertaking this life changing procedure.
I dont expect it to be easy, I love my food and know I will miss being able to eat what I fancy but it is something I must do for a healthier future.
Your weight loss is brill and you must be so proud of yourself well done

Jay xx

hi rebecca good to see you back! you've done fantastic you must be sooooooo proud of yourself! xxx

Thank you so much jay & lisa. It's great to have the support of this forum back :D

Sarah the pre op diet isn't terrible... but then i was just on a low cal low carb one. so i think i was lucky!

.x.

Back