• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I HAVE REALLY DONE IT...

emma-louise

my new life!!
MORNING ALL...

Just a little message to help all pre-op..
It will be 2 weeks next monday when I had my op.
And this morning,I feel like Im the luckiest person alive!
I am so grateful for being given the chance to change my life!
I still cannot believe I had the surgery,after all my family was so against it,and now they think Ive been so brave,and I did it all on my own...its the best feeling ever,to take control of your own life.
I want to thank everyone on here who has helped me X

Hi Emma-louise

Glad you are feeling well. Im sure you will have encouraged some of the pre oppers with your positive vibes! x

Hi Emma-Louise! That's a lovely message to read first thing in the morning. I'm glad you feel so positive! You should be very proud of yourself and I wish you all the very best for your journey :)

thanks blueeyes and mazza xx
just hope it can help anyone who is really worried about the operation,as I had many nights I couldnt sleep with worry!and it was all worth it!

Hi Emma-Louise. I am glad to hear that you are doing so well after the op and that you've got a very positive attitude to having had it.

I'm so pleased that you posted this morning.... as I was wavering last night, wondering what I'm doing, why do I need the op, should I just forget it... why do I want to put myself through it, I'll never be able to feel the same about food, eat the same, and all that stuff... Thats why I'm back on the site this morning, reading through some posts and boy am I glad to see yours! Its made me realise that hopefully the op will be a positive step, not a negative one. :thankyou:

What would we do without this forum and the people on it?

hi nova,

i know where ur coming from,right until the day before SURGERY I still had doubts,it was made all the worse as I felt very much on my own as no-one from my family wanted me to do it,they said I was being too drastic.
I have 10 stones to lose and I know without this op Id never do it on my own..its the best thing Ive done FOR ME!,my family now think Im a braver person than any of them now...lol

GOOD LUCK XX

Glad to here your okay Emma-Louise. Like you did, I'm having doubts & really nervous. I go into hospital tomorrow for my op on Saturday.

Take care & good luck with the weight loss!!

Last edited:
:)Yay Emma-louise:)

That's so good to know you are feeling so good just 2 weeks after your op

Can I be cheeky & ask how the weight loss is going & where/what op you had????
I know you've probably told us in previous posts but its always nice to have a few stats in your profile or signature:)

thanks blueeyes and mazza xx
just hope it can help anyone who is really worried about the operation,as I had many nights I couldnt sleep with worry!and it was all worth it!

Thanks Emma Louise
Im having mine next thurs so am really getting nervous, lovely to post this !! Just what i needed to see !!!!!
Thanks hun
XXX Dawn

we knew you could do it em, well done, im so happy for you. big hugs xxx

hi poppet,

I had it done at salford hospital,and a bypass done.
I was 122kgs before pop-op diet and morning of the operation I was 113.
I havent weighed myself yet,as its time of the month!
and I am scared too..lol,even though my jeans have fell round my ankles..lol
I will weigh myself next monday at boots.

salford was great!was in monday out tues tea.

sooo much possativity - well done hun! xxx

You've done brilliant.....you ARE brave....it takes courage and boldness to do this!
But because you've been brave and bold, you'll grasp the prize! YAY for jeans falling down! I love it!
Go you!!! :553::553::553::553::553::553:

hi poppet,

I had it done at salford hospital,and a bypass done.
I was 122kgs before pop-op diet and morning of the operation I was 113.
I havent weighed myself yet,as its time of the month!
and I am scared too..lol,even though my jeans have fell round my ankles..lol
I will weigh myself next monday at boots.

salford was great!was in monday out tues tea.

Thanks Emma-louise:)
Sounds like you need a belt for those jeans;)
Hope we get to meet one day at Salford support meetings:wave_cry:

Thanks Emma-louise:)
Sounds like you need a belt for those jeans;)
Hope we get to meet one day at Salford support meetings:wave_cry:

those jeans have gone into the bin!!
One less FAT SHOP(evans)jeans to wear...

cannot wait to get into normal shops..woohooo

Ahhh, Emma that is such a sweet post / feeling. I can so understand your sentiments.

As a pre-opper, with my date looming, infact 20 days away I have to keep pinching myself that this could even be happening.

LOL.... I even keep thing that with my op due on the 20th oct. on the 19th of October the Con-dem government will pull all funding on all gastric bypass operations with immediate effect!

Back