• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I think I'm addicted to weight loss.

simplylucy

Ok this is a tough one, I've not yet really admitted it to myself so this is hard to type.

So far I've lost 138lb, half my starting weight. I've gone from a size 24 to a size 6/8.

I don't see myself as a small slim person though. I still want to loose more weight, I don't know how much more.

I think I'm addicted to loosing weight and how it makes me feel.

People tell me I'm tiny and I'm at the stage I need to stop at. Why can't I see the small me, why can't I see myself as a size 8, I don't get it.

For goodness sakes, I'm even sharing clothes with my 12 year old daughter and she is tiny.

I don't know if I'm not seeing the loss because I like the feeling I have of seeing another pound vanish or what.

I even got upset two weeks ago when I tried on a size 8 top and refused to buy it because I looked boney and scrawny. Yet this morning when I discovered another 2lb loss I jumped for joy.

What is wrong with me.

my advice would be to go to your team or your doctor straight away and explain how you feel. good luck sweet, and dont forget we are here for you :) xxx

It sounds to me like it would be somewhat normal, it must feel AMAZING to have lost that kind of weight and maybe you are a bit worried about what you will do with yourself now that the weight loss portion is over. Are you worried about maintaining?

It's something you should be careful of though and I agree with Caren, you should speak to your team. If you honestly still see yourself as being really big, that may be something you may need to speak with someone about.

I was a size 16 (in my head) when I was a size 26
and am a size 16 (in my head) now that I am a size 8-10
I think its like a body dismorphia

its an adiction thats become a habbit during losing weight and also a MAJOR FEAR of going back to how you were before your surgery, you have to now learn to love the new you, accept who you have become, and with sensible food choices you can move forward and learn to live with the size you are now and maintaining, theres nothing wrong with you hun, i guess most of us have these feelings at some point x

my advice would be to go to your team or your doctor straight away and explain how you feel. good luck sweet, and dont forget we are here for you :) xxx

Agreed Lucy ... this is beyond what we can help with ... I am sure you are not the first person your team with have seen with this problem ... contact them soon, sweetie xxx :sigh:

Wow, I REALLY wish I saw myself as smaller than I am! I have the opposite problem.

It always helped that I only had mirrors at shoulder height.
Hubby has now put a very large full length mirror in the bedroom and tells me how thin I am all the time:D

I agree. I went through a period similar once I reached my target and pretty much stopped eating. The turning point for me was getting pregnant, if that hadn't happened I dread to think where it would have ended up. You need to get professional help for this NOW before you put your health and your life at risk.

We are in an unusual situation for bypassers, being that our malabsorption is so severe that losing weight happens with no effort and quite probably always will. It's a lot to get your head around, it's taken me 2 years to reach my current stage of self acceptance and understanding my malabsorption. You've lost the weight so quickly like I did and it's too quick for your head to deal with.

Big hugs x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yes I agree, my loss has been very rapid and my head hasn't had time to adjust.

The high restriction and huge malabsobsion is such a great temptation. I know deep down that I could pretty much stop eating and it wouldn't bother me.

I think I'm fed up with slider foods though, I feel like I'm living on stodge!

Tonight I craved something different so made the children sweet and sour chicken. However after 2 small pieces of chicken (thumb nailed size), restriction hit and that was the end of that meal, probably less than 50 calories.

I'll have a bowl of porridge before bed to make up for it though.

I still suffer very badly with dumping, to the point that I can't even have yogurt or fruit for breakfast because of the sugars on my empty pouch.

I look at my wedding photos and think, wow, I look amazing. Look at myself in the mirror with size 8 skinny jeans on and think who is that huge person. Madness!

I agree with Caren and Denise and think you should see your team, or at very least your GP to discuss this.
Maybe it is just because you haven't given yourself time to adjust to your new shape and size, but seriously, try and get some help BEFORE it becomes a serious health risk!

The high restriction and huge malabsobsion is such a great temptation. I know deep down that I could pretty much stop eating and it wouldn't bother me.

I think I'm fed up with slider foods though, I feel like I'm living on stodge!

Tonight I craved something different so made the children sweet and sour chicken. However after 2 small pieces of chicken (thumb nailed size), restriction hit and that was the end of that meal, probably less than 50 calories.

I still suffer very badly with dumping, to the point that I can't even have yogurt or fruit for breakfast because of the sugars on my empty pouch.

Blimey this could have been written by me :sigh:

Back