• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss has slooooowed down

Serapis Bey

Hey all!

My weight loss has slowed to a snails pace. I'm now loosing about 1lbs to 0.5lbs per week. I don't mind if this is my new rate of loss, (I'd actually prefer slower loss to quick loss.) so long as this slow down isn't an indication that my weight loss is about to stop all together.

Ideally, I would like to lose another 3 stones, which will get me to 14stones 4. At that weight I'm a perfect size 16. I'm currently an Evans size 20 (Hurrah! :))

So I guess I'm asking is this slow down an indication that my weight loss is about to stop all together? I now realise that people were accurate when they said weight loss slows after 6 months post op.

I go to the gym 4 times a week where I do an hour of cardio and 30/40 minutes weights.

Well done plump - you need a Century badge on your profile now! Just keep it going, I expect the weight loss will come in fits and starts, but you will get to size 16 before you know it.

Hi
Well done on your weight loss so far. I had my bypass at end of April and for the last couple of months have not been losing much - nothing for three weeks then 1lb last week. Spoke to the dietician the other day at my routine appointment and asked her exactly the same question. She assured me that no, it does not mean that your loss will stop, it's just how our bodies are sometimes.

I too have about three stones left to lose, so I am just having to learn to be patient - my weight loss is just not as fast as somes, but I expect it is faster than others.

Keep on, stick to the right foods and you will get there.

Thank you for your replies :), you've put me at ease.
It's good to know this isn't the end of the weight loss.

I shall add the century sticker now :)

Well I got weighed this week and had only lost 2 1/2 lb in six weeks !! But I have got into two size 14 jeans one being skinny !! So I don't bloody care about the numbers on the scales only on the tape measure !!!
I have lost over 12 inches on my hips and 9 inches on my bust and to be honest I said I would be happy at a 14 so a few more pounds and I'll be happy as larry !
My daughter asked if I would need my skin sorted out yesterday so I showed her what my arms and stomach was like and she said you wouldn't know I had ever had excess weight , and she don't beat about the bush. So it is far better to lose it slowly x

It's currently taking me 3 months to lose a stone.
Or 4.6 Lbs a month
Or just over 1 Lbs a week.

Not sure what to make of that :)

Back