• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I THOUGHT i was new lol

janie32

Hi everyone
i THOUGHT i was new here, went to sign up and was told my email address was already registered from two years ago lol!

Must have forgotten about it, anyway...

I am now 34 years old, 11 stones 5 overweight, diabetic, have PCOS,high blood pressure, mild liver n kidney damage from my diabetes, asthma, probable sleep apnea (get my sleep study results at the end of this month), high cholestrole, though not being treated for it... I also haveminor other things such as depression, restless leg syndrome, hayfever, anxiety, abdominal hernia, frequent migraines, frequent chest infections, joint pains etc

I have just been referred for surgery, and have my first appointment in august ( i think it is the 8th but I would have to go dig out the letter to find out lol)
I am SO keen on this, i wasnt a few years ago when first offered a referral. But since then I have tried the prescribed diet and exercise plans, orlistat, and anything else suggested by my docotor.

I have also just had a letter today to say my gp referred me for an 8 week dietician programme, unknown to me! he said it was a dietician referral but didnt tell me it was 8 weeks of group sessions, i'm nervous about going. I find it hard to go out and meet new people.

My main support is my partner, Amie ( yes, I'm gay!!!!! LOL) and my two kids.My partner and her family have all lost lots of weight, and are really supportive.

Well I think thats all for now, so hello (AGAIN - it would seem),am off to find a localsupport group, then i can get nervous about going to that too :rolleyes:

Hi and welcome x

If you were a member of Minimins then that could be how you are a member here.

I'm waiting for my group education appointment but getting impatient!!

I was amazed how quick my referal was done in the end. it had been mentioned before, but I only realy told my gp in januray i was considering it, was put on the gym and slimming world on prescription plan. Then about 6 weeks ago went to see my gp about costochondritis, and whilst there she said I'll referre you now if you'vethought about it. And just like that the appoinment for august was made.

I hear it is a very long process though, so i am not expecting surgery anytime soon

Were are you been referred to?

Hey Janie well done on making your mind up, this is a great site and I am sure you will find someone to answer every question you may have! Do you know what type of procedure you are thinking about? x

thanks both of you

I have looked into it a LOT since february, and I think that bypass would be best, bviously i'll need to discuss with my surgen. I personally dont think banding would be the best way to go, I have read many times of people then having a second operation as the banding didnt work.

I cant tell you how much better I feel having made this decision, it feels like a second chance at life! I look forward to playing footy with my kids, going on rollercoaster rides,swimming, and boy have I missed horse riding!

Also considering things like joining a hockey club or martial arts, if I am not too old lol

Hi Janie and welcome :) wishing you the best of luck on your weightloss journey xx

Back