• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I'm new

wilb32

Hi I'm new to this site my GP referred me a year ago and after group sessions with the dietician and appointments with the Bariatric Dr I now have funding for surgery and an appointment with the surgeon etc on 2/5/14 at Trelike hospital. I still can't make up my mind weather to have the band or bypass, i have spoken to someone who has had the bypass and she told me it was the best thing ever. What do people on here think what are the pro's and con's thank you in anticipation

Hi I'm also new. I've decided on the bypass, I have severe issues with food and I want a permanent tool to work with with the best chance of results and the least amount of fuss after initial surgery. Read, read and read some more. Good luck with your decision.

Hi and welcome :)

hello to the both of you
good luck in all you wish for
keep reading and logging in
your in great place

welcome and good luck just research research and more research read peoples diaries on here see how they vary between the surgeries and peoples experiences

ECG done appointment with surgeon this afternoon another hurdle jumped .....

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back from an afternoon at the hospital saw the dietician, anesthetist and the surgical team I have opted for a gastric bypass op got to wait now to hear from them next week apparently they have a meeting after the clinic to discuss each case then I should hear by post next week if I'm on the list. After I had to go and have blood taken but the nurse couldn't get any so have got to go to GP next week, also got to arrange to have spirometry at the Gp's and see him about my BP which was a little on the high side. Well that's another hurdle crossed fingers crossed for next week.

good luck hope it goes in your favour

hi i,m new to have seen baritric nurse and surgeon now waiting on next step signing my pip agreement and folowing the agreed instructions have started on slimfast as i have a very large naf like yourself its scary but interesting to see and read all the advice givenl

Hi and welcome wilb32. i had my multidiscplinary meeting back in january (10th) and saw mr Clarke. was put on the list had a date 30th april (that was cancelled the night before due to all non elective surgeries put off as no beds) new date 27th May, so fingers crossed. I am going for a bypass think it will work better for me than a band and if i am going to have surgery may as well go the whole hog! good luck to you.

Hi there fingers crossed you get your surgery this time, I'm still waiting for my letter after the multi disciplinary meeting last week Mr Clarke seems very nice there seems quite a few of us from Cornwall on here

Hi. im new here. im looking into the gastric balloon. im hearing mixed stories. im fed up of food ruining and taking over my life. i just want a way to control what i eat. im also worried that once the 6 months are up and the balloon is taken out then i will go back to my old way.

Back