• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I'm new

It's to check that you don't stop breathing while your asleep, because you kick start your self and start again, thus can have an effect on you weight gain, not suer how but that's what's it's about Google the condition and you will get a better understanding :)

My dad suffers from this he has to wear a mask for bed and also my son had one done due to him having large tonsils and his came back moderate sleep apnoea I was just thinking if I snore would that be a reason to give me one thank you for your reply xx

Hi Sjwood I was surprised when mine came back as me having a slight disturbed sleep patten, I snore but it used to be when I had a drink which I know is a common thing. But I was getting up more tired than when I went to sleep, but never put the two together, I then watched a program which explained the connection between bad sleep and weight problems and also the risks of not breathing ( apart from the obvious lol) :)

Hi again I have a question and hoping you lovely ladies could maybe answer me I've read a lot on here about sleep apnoea tests does everyone have one done thanks xx
Hi hun i suffer with sleep apnea . I was given a small device that i was shown to connect to different parts of body over heart chest small finger cover to monitor pulse and some tubes placed in my nose to monitor air i suppose. It was all connected to a small machine . I had ho to sleep at a certain time in order to monitor at least 7hrs worth of deep sleep. I was called from the hospital who diagnosed me with moderate sleep apnea. Theres light, mild moderate and severe. I was stop breathing for 17 times an hour per night! I have a machine which i connect to a humidifier each night and wear a mask! I feel so much better in morning now i dont get as much headaches on waking. I had to take it to hospital to wear after op! With surgery they say it should improve i hope so! It sometimes can be inherited in my case I'm the only one ! All the best with tests x

Hi thank you's both for your reply so if it turned out I have sleep apnoea does that mean I won't get the op sorry I'm just very new and want to get as much info as I can thanks x

Hi, no all it means is that they will keep a closer check on you and monitor your breathing during the operation to keep you safe. You may be issued with a machine to help with you breathing at night, if do you would bring that into the hospital for you to use while your in as a patient and after Wright loss you might be able to stop using the equipment. Usually it is caused by being over weight and is corrected by weight loss unless there is some condition you have that is not related to weight gain. So don't worry about being refused surgery they are just making sure that you get the right care. :)

Hi sharona I don't know if I'm going to need one yet will find out a little more at my appointment thank you for asking I can't wait to get the ball rolling x

Hi sharona I don't know if I'm going to need one yet will find out a little more at my appointment thank you for asking I can't wait to get the ball rolling x
Im feeling so excited for you I remember when i was at that stage . Here comes a new you. All best with appointment and ask as many questions as you can all the best hun! Xx

Thank you I'm so excited I can't wait I know when it comes to asking questions they will just run away out my head so might wright down my questions I really hope it flys by where are you on your journey x

Thank you I'm so excited I can't wait I know when it comes to asking questions they will just run away out my head so might wright down my questions I really hope it flys by where are you on your journey x
Thats a great idea write them down I did. Im now approx 10 wks post op and have been fine apart from bad constipation but has now rectified it self! Thank God it was horrid. Im eating most things although things don't usually taste same now! And a few things i cant tolerate or make me dump. Weight is slowed down but its coming off. Im working with it and excising like mad! Are you having a bypass or sleeve?? X

So glad things are going ok for you nice to hear as I'm abit on edge thinking it's going to be bad I would like a bypass so hoping they will allow this the waiting is the biggest problem but know it will be worth it I'm hoping to get back in to exercise I just hope my back problems improve after some weight loss fingers crossed x

I was wondering on this also - I don't know if it's clear from the app or you need to log on via the pc? I will follow this thread and hope for to work it out :)

Can someone tell me how I can find out how many posts I've done thanks x

Hi Sj
It tells you on your profile at the side of your posts. You had done 40 when you wrote this one x

Thank you hoping to hit 50 soon so I can see more of this site x

Nearly there! I am liking you and in the waiting game! It's unbearable ha ha! x

Back