• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IBS after surgery

jaxx

I have suffered from IBS for several years and although it's quite settled now I was wanting to know other sufferers experience after surgery. I usually suffer from diarrhoea with wind and severe cramps when I have a flare up and didn't want to suffer with it after my op if I can avoid it. After everything has healed and working normally with the bypass did your IBS carry on as usual or did it help to ease the symptoms? I know it's incurable but I would have thought that the less food going through your lower intestine and the better self esteem and confidence would alleviate some of the problems associated with IBS.

Any info would be gratefully received. Sorry if there's too much info in my post lol.

I have suffered with IBS for over 30 odd years and i have to say since my bypass op back in June other than having pouch issues i haven't suffered with any real IBS symptoms so i am keeping my fingers crossed that it remains this way. Hope your ok - sending hugs with fairy dust xx

I have suffered with IBS for several years but since I have had my bypass I have had no issues before I used to eat and then have to go toilet not long after eating and used to suffer with wind. But since op I have had no issues and feel its part of my past now!!

Hi i have stress related ibs and at the mo it seems to have followed me over to the loosing side, altho not half as severe, and im able to take immodium (just the one tablet) and its enough to ease my symptoms, at the mo its only slight and very easily managed x

I have had IBS for the last decade and since my bypass I have had no issues whatsoever. I am amazed at how "normal" it all is now.

I have IBS and until recently it had practically disappeared. It came back towards the end of the pregnancy and is quite bad now. I can take all my normal IBS meds, buscopan, windeze and immodium without problems.

I am very hopeful about my IBS symptoms too. I have had pouch problems which then "work their way through", so to speak.

I have had quite bad wind etc and urgent visits to the loo but these seem to be settling down.

It was hot water bottle time a couple of days ago after a visit to Costa's - goodness knows why, I didn;t have anything unusual.

But IBS has always been unpredictable and any improvements are gratefully received :)

Back