• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IBS after bypass ?

bobo

Hi everyone i had my Bypass in Novemeber 2010 and seem to be suffering IBS symptoms i had my first bout in the summer and took Buscopan which seemed to ease it. Iv been having a bit of trouble after eating since Christmas. My stomach just makes a growinling noise all the time and i feel really bloted. Has anyone else had anything similar ? Any help would be uch appriciated xx

Hi everyone i had my Bypass in Novemeber 2010 and seem to be suffering IBS symptoms i had my first bout in the summer and took Buscopan which seemed to ease it. Iv been having a bit of trouble after eating since Christmas. My stomach just makes a growinling noise all the time and i feel really bloted. Has anyone else had anything similar ? Any help would be uch appriciated xx

I have the same, but since its early days for me, i thought it was normal :eek:

I wouldnt worry to much Doughie i was the same but everything had setteld down, im not sure if its maybe because i can eat more now and my tummy dosnt like it, im going to the docter next week, but wanted to see on here if anyone else had had similar x

Have you tried cutting out lactose? Lactose intolerance post op is quite common. It doesn't sound like IBS, unless there are more symptoms than you've listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

thanks shellbell i will try that i dont have much milk only in tea but i have been eating lots of cheese in the past few weeks (i go through fazes) so i will cut it out and see how i get on. :0) x

Back