• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ice cream :D

suzie290304

Well today I made a delicious ice cream :D and thought I would share the recipe which I got from are sister website. Slice 2 bananas and freeze in the freezer over night, although mime had been in a few days lol. Then with a blender pop it in and blend, you will have to use a spoon to put any banana on the sides back next to the blades, then when it's nearly all blended pop in just a small amount of milk and blend again till it looks like ice cream and eat straight away :D It's lovely and you can pop in any fruit with it, someone suggested also to pop in a frozen yogurt with it too but never tried it. Me my mam and dad all tried it and agreed it was lovely, I never thought it would turn out like that x

Thanks for that it's sounds lovely. I'll have to try it xxx

It's lovely :) I tried with a hand blender with no luck lol that's why my bananas were in the freezer a few days I had to wait to go to the mums for a proper blender but so worth the wait x

I dump on virtually anything high sugar inc ice cream, real fruit, fruit juices ...... and have not even tried doughnuts because I already discovered sometime ago that a very small pot of ice cream caused me "problems" ..... then it was a glass of orange juice.

Sometimes I think I have had a bypass the amount of dumping that I get ..... but that cannot be the case as a few months back I actually got to see my sleeve on Xray during a barium swallow test.

So I am a dumpster ...... and some of you other sleevers are not and can indulge in naughty things like ice cream.

Ho hum ...... well, being a "dumpster" will keep me on the straight and narrow, and I now avoid *most* sweet treat things.

I dump on chocolate but not fruit :) must be awful to not be able to eat fruit :( I wouldn't normally eat ice cream as it's a take it or leave it thing for me and normally loads of cals, but with this it's just 2 bananas and a little bit milk (makes quite a big portion) and a good substitute for ice cream if your not a sensitive dumper. I'm so so glad I don't dump on fruit or salad as I don't like veg unless in soup or stew and find it hard most days to get my 5 a day, fingers crossed Sharon that you might be able to one day eat fruit when your further on your journey x

When I did Slimming World a couple of years ago then suggested making an ice cream with quark and muller light yoghurt

I've made some with greek yoghurt, blitzed fresh fruit & a little agave syrup. Beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hello there

There are going to be some times ahead in the future that will push ppl to the max emotionally etc like ur current situation with your dog ( which I hope is ok btw) - Please remember your insides are still healing and you could have caused damage ( which I am sure u havent as you would know about it) - Wishing you and your dog all the best Julie xx

Great Idea!!

Back