• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My WLS cook book

stubad

Carrot, leak and potato soup with a kick

serves 6-8, prep time 20 mins, cooking time 30 mins
1 onion chopped
4 cloves of garlic chopped and crushed
1 lg leek sliced
3 carrots sliced
1 lg potato cubed
1 tbsp veg oil
2 pints veg stock
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp mild chilli powder
1 tsp salt
cracked black pepper to taste

heat oil in a saucepan, then add the onions leeks and garlic, sweat on a medium heat until soft and golden, add potato and carrots then let them warm through. add the onion salt, salt and chilli powder then stir, finally add the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer until veg is soft approx 15-20mins, pour soup into a blender and blend until liquified.

eat straight away with some black pepper and a little cream to taste, or freeze in ice cube trays for second stage diet following surgery

if u would like it chunky the save some of the potato's and carrots for adding after blending.

Enjoy....

xxpigsgalorexx

sounds yummy x x

stubad

Stu's cottage pie

here is a yummy cottage pie recipe, that is easy to make and all the family can enjoy.

Prep. 30 mins, cooking time 1 1/2 hrs.

pre heat oven to 180oC

1kg lean mince beef
1 onion roughly chopped,
4 cloves of garlic chopped,
1 leek sliced and chopped
4 carrots sliced
1 tin of chopped tomato's
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 glass of red wine (optional, but really enhances the taste)
chopped rosemary and thyme
1kg of maris piper potato's diced
1 egg beaten
25g butter
100ml of semi skimmed milk
tbsp worcester sauce
1 1/2 pints of beef stock
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp salt
black pepper to taste
some grated cheese of your choice (adjust amount to taste)

heat some oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the onions garlic and leeks and sweat until soft, add the mince then gently fry until cooked through, add the salt, onion salt, then stir in the red wine, gently simmer the wine to burn off the alcahol, then add the tomato puree, canned tomato's and stock, next add the worcester sauce and then stirn in the herbs, bring to a boil and then gently simmer for around 20 mins. Meanwhile add the potato's to some boiling water with a little salt and then boil until soft, (careful not to over do it or your tatties will be mush), now mash the potato, (or use a potate ricer if you have one), fold in the butter milk and egg to your mash until mash is light and fluffy. Add your mince mixture to a large oven proof dish and spread evenly, next add the mash covering the mince completely using a fork for best results, top with the cheese and a little black pepper then cook in the pre heated oven for around 40 mins, or until top is golden brown. if you want a real treat use parmean cheese, mix some into the mash and some sprinkled over to create a nice parmesan crust...

add a little gravy and blend down, for post op diet,

enjoy....

Last edited:

stubad

Italian style corden bleu chicken

another beauty from my own personal recipe book, absolutely delisciouso....

prep time 30 mins, cooking time 35-40 mins.

pre heat oven to 180 oC.

4 lg chicken breasts
4 slices of parma ham
100 gms of parmesan cheese cut into 4 slim rectangles,
250ml italian passata (puree'd tomato's)
1 cup of plain flour
4 lg eggs beaten
500gms of breadcrumbs (golden)
8 wooden toothpicks

firstly butterfly each of the chicken breast to create a large surface area for rolling later, then lay a slice of ham on the breast, with a spoon spread a thin layer of passata over the ham, making sure to cover it, lay 1 of the small rectangles of parmesen in the centre of the ham, then encase the ham around it, roll the chicken around the ham and seal the edges with 2 of the toothpicks, you should now have what resembles a large kiev shape. now take 3 bowls, beaten egg in one, flour an another and breadcrumbs in the last, take the parcel of chicken and firstly cover with flour, then into the egg mix and lastly into the breadcrumbs, make sure that you completely cover the parcels at each stage, repeat whole process with the rest of ingredients. once all this is done place in an oven proof dish and cook in the oven for 35-45 mins, a good indicator that they are ready is the piping hot cheese ouzing out the sides. yummy

enjoy.....

yviec1972

playing the waiting game
hiya,

have you got any more recipes xxx you should write a book :)

stubad

hiya,

have you got any more recipes xxx you should write a book :)

What sort of things are you after, I have some slow cooker recipes, pulled pork and hearty beef Stew and herby dumplings, trouble is I have them on my laptop ready for writing up and that is broke, but I can probably remember them off top of my head , if u like curry I have a very authentic tasty butter chicken recipe aswell

yviec1972

playing the waiting game
Great I'm up for all of those. I'm just filling in my recipe book now. I love my slow cooker x

Bellydancer57

Just bought slow cooker. Love it. Made chicken curry yesterday a great hit. Love this recipe thread.

yviec1972

playing the waiting game
I've just made the sticky chicken recipe from one of the previous threads and it was lovely. Not only that but my skinny hubby and son also liked it. So I can hold out hope of still being able to have family meals. I was really worried is be making two lots of food forever xx

stubad

Ok as soon as I can get to a computer I will type them up for you, warning if you are a bypasser the pulled pork has coca cola and brown sugar in the recipe so can cause dumping but that's just a maybe

yviec1972

playing the waiting game
Do you think I will be able to get away with diet coke and brown sugar splenda? I'm diabetic so am used to the taste xxx

lolalou

Hi, did you use the quorn chicken in the diet coke chicken? I'm going to make that but don't know what point to put the chicken in as it doesn't need as long as proper chicken x

stubad

Do you think I will be able to get away with diet coke and brown sugar splenda? I'm diabetic so am used to the taste xxx

It should be ok but I will adjust it a little perhaps using apple juice and balsamic vinegar

MrsS

Some great ideas here! Thank you