• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ideas!! Bander...

Wobbly71

Hi everyone.

had 1st fill on Tuesday and am back on crunchy as of today.

Brekkie - special k and skimmed milk

dinner - ryvita, ww tuna in tomato sauce and cucumber and pepper

snack - yogurt

tea - salad, salmon, feta and new pots

snack - special k bar

Does this look ok to you?? the salmon is quite high in calories, is it still a good healthy choice, missing chicken ....

I have logged into myfitnesspal and its around 1000 calories.

Do you count calories?

And this food is going down really easy, I got 4ml in a 14ml band.

Do you think it's just the fact it's my first fill and a long way to go yet?

Lots of questions but I'm sure an expert on here will help me out x x

It looks fine to me, especialy your lunch and evening meal. Just watch how much special K you have at brekkie and also potato's in the evening. Make sure you weigh them if you want a true record of calories etc - i'ts easy to under estimate.

Cereals with milk will go down easily but your salad with salmon and ryvita's - not so much I expect.

Yes I did count calories and yes whilst its good that you are managing well you may well need at least another fill along the way.

Good luck xx

Thanks mazza, what's a better breakfast option do you think?

I've weighed my pottato and cereal, being good x

So would better breakfasts be maybe, omelette, belvita breakfast type of biscuits, and I get my daughter activia breakfast pots, they a yogurt with crunchy muesli to sprinle in ??

I know I'm a pain just want to get it right. I could phone THG but I think experience is better from all of you x x

Just weighed salmon and not as high as I thought.

Do you think its best to limit the carbs? Eg should I have salmon salad and forget the potato??

I personally would ditch the spuds...carbs store and take long to burn, so if you don't need them save the heartache! Salmon n salad would be a perfect meal! x

This is some of the things that are suggested in the book from my provider it may be of help with some suggestions :)

~ scrambled egg and tinned tomotoes
~ half slice of toast with skimming of marg and marmite with a fresh tomato and a small satsuma
~ 3 tbsp fruit and fibre, special k or no added sugar muesli with a little skimmed milk (the less milk you use the better as it will keep it "crunchy" and stay in your stomach for longer)
~ 3 tbsp all bran with 1 tsp raisins, 1/2 a banana or 8-10 nuts (hazlenuts, brazils or almonds) or 1 flat tbsp seeds (pumpkin etc)
~ 1/2 slice toast and 1 boiled egg and 2 tablespoons boiled mushrooms
~ 1 piece of very lean bacon and 1 fresh tomato

or it suggests to use a dairy portion and fruit portion by having a low fat yoghurt with fruit portion (my provider gives guidelines as to what foods we should be having each day and in the various quantities so we can take that info and build meals from there. But hope some of those help.
I don't do breakfast so I tend to have a "fruit" portion by having my 1 glass of fruit juice per day firs thing :)

I've just had a 2 egg omelette with corgette, red onion, mushroom pepper and a bit of feta sprinkled on.

Sat and eat for 20 minutes, doing the 20 20 rule!

I've been burping loads, constant! Wondering if its cos I'm eating too quick so going to time myself and chew 20 times. Follow the rules 100 percent. See if the burping eases off. I actually was borking with it yesterday. And I eat my tea at about 8pm and went to bed at 10 and felt like it laid a bit so will keep that in mind as well.

Its all about learning again I suppose and with alll your help I should do ok , thanks x

Thanks kat, jo and maryann, on my fone and the like button isn't there x x

Sorry!! Back again.

What fruit do you all manage to eat?

I don't like bananas x

I haven't found a fruit yet that I haven't been able to eat, have been fine with apples, pears, grapes, mango, papaya, melon, strawberries etc.

Make sure I chew them well, but I've been having chopped apple and pear with a little bit of muesli sprinkled over and some low fat yoghurt :)

The like button has returned!

That's a good brekkie idea the fruit, yogurt and muesli x

Protein shake or yogurt for breakfast isn't preferred option, nutrious and easy on my band which is tight in a morn x

"Is" lol bloomin pred text!

I can eat the flesh of an apple but not the skin, can't eat orange but fine with melon, pineapple, kiwi etc.

I love bananas, always have one after the gym.

My providers advice re breakfast is:

Good choices: 3-4 melba toast with low fat soft cheese.
Cereal size bowl of chopped fruit, with yoghurt (low fat).
1-2 eggs boiled or scrambled, with mushrooms or maybe tinned tomatoes.
On the move - a protein shake or slim fast

Not to often cereals, muesli, beans and toast - more carbs / calories.

Try and avoid - fried breakfast, sugar coated cereals, fresh bread, pastries.

New potatos are better carb wise than old but yes more salmon and salad would be better.

Have a look on this thread or some tips xx

http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders-recipes/133942-some-tips.html

Hi wobbly,
your day sounds similar to mine and I'm on Pre/op diet. I only choose 2 carbs a day, normally eat 1 fruit or boiled eggs for breakfast, 2 ryvita and protein for lunch and protein, 2new potatoes and veg for dinner. Log it all on my fitness pal to check my cals and carb intake.
Feeling good on this actually, 2 more weeks and I'll be joining you on the other side :)

Back