• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

If you need reminding why you're doing this....

chubby funster

Let's start a motivation list!
I'm due for RNY on the 28th, I am occasionally struck with crippling fear, general confusion and self sabotage. However a good friend who has also been big in her life reminded me why I need to do this (despite me protesting I am a happy person!!) Apart from the obvious health factors there are:
Not HAVING to shop at "fat shops" for clothes.
Choosing comfort over style (sometimes anyway!!!)
The burning shame of asking for a seatbelt extender on a plane
The will i/won't I fit quandary when faced with a turnstyle, tub chair, rollercoaster, sports seat in a car etc
The race to make a self deprecating comment before someone else does!
The fear of those toilets that are "suspended" from the wall without a pedestal! Could u imagine if it collapsed!
Trying not to look knackered when walking with others, even though you are sweating gallons!!
Feeling a bit awkward when "fat bottomed girls" is played!

Anymore....??

Walking past a group outside a pub etc and knowing you won't be insulted.

My reasons are as follows xx
To relive my knees of so much pressure
Re-gain my sight properly
To enjoy life not watch from the side lines :cry:,
To be a brilliant mother to my two children and be able to play and dance with them again,
To go on holidays with no fear of someone spoiling it by fattest comments.
To eat at a function with out thinking people are laughing at me and making judgements on my apperance, I.e quick she's going to eat it all!
To wear some really sexy knickers instead of bridgets :8855:x
I want to love life again and return to work to help my partner provide for our family,
To not feel embarrased when its time to "go to bed",
I just want to be me again! hard working,social person and loving mummy x

To be the best at everything i used to be xx

I am 30 and want to settle down and have a family and children and still be around at 50! Thats why I am doing this! To have a life! To make a life! To live a life! My brother has 2 kids already and I am jelous as can be! They say men dont have bioligal clocks but I am telling you I do and it's screaming TICK TOCK TICK TOCK!!!! And having this surgery is just one of the steps in helping me become a father!

Loving these reasons!!

So I won't be the fat mother of the bride - not that my either of my daughters are getting married yet - but I don't want to have that awful fear of OMG what am I going to wear - but with surgery only 4 weeks away If either of them get married next year I will hopefully have lost a lot of weight by then and I won't have to worry YIPPEE

So I won't be the fat mother of the bride - not that my either of my daughters are getting married yet - but I don't want to have that awful fear of OMG what am I going to wear - but with surgery only 4 weeks away If either of them get married next year I will hopefully have lost a lot of weight by then and I won't have to worry YIPPEE
weddings are a great incentive. i have one next September, the 7th and already planning it as my WOW day

Hey ryan unfortunately I find I don't cope well with deadlines. If I knew I had an event 6 months down the line I would firstly panic then talk myself into a diet soooo extreme that I was doomed to failure then say ah well I'll think about it next week then before I knew it it would be the week before the event and I would be rushing out to buy yet another new pair of elasticated black trousers and a cover up top with some bling, new shoes and a bag - whack on the red lippy and away. I don't want that anymore - I want to try on clothes, get my hair and nails done, get a pair of killer heels that will hold me, whack on the red lippy and away :) and dance until I fall down.

I hear you Ankaas. I want the same, barr the red lippy and high heels. lol

i agree with most of you ,had my daughters wedding last sept ,in vegas,,at my biggest,was so hard,but wonderful ,and my sons wedding is coming up on august 20th, cant wait to see if il be any smaller with my op 6weeks before,,and my grandbaby is due in 3weeks ,i cant wait to play on the floor with my first grandchild and get up without the help of a sofa x

Living long enough to enjoy our planned retirement to Spain with my husband and enjoying it for a very long time.
Knees not hurting
Son not getting excluded from school for thumping a kid who takes the micky out of you. (I work at the same school he goes to).
Never needing to ask for a belt extention on a plane.
Becoming a Grandma some day (not for a long time yet though guys live a little first)

Loving these reasons
My reason would be to live longer!
Fit in nice clothed
Feel part of the human race
And see my beautiful 7 month old
Granddaughter grow up xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

*To be free of diabetes, high cholesterol, high bp, joint pain (all of which I am now since I lost 7 stone) and not have to take any medication which makes me feel ill
*To run in the park and go down the slide with my grandchildren which they found hilarious
*To walk to work (7 miles) when there's a train strike which I wouldn't be able to do before
*To go down the market and buy a great pair of jeans for £5 and know they will have my size
*To not dread going to the hospital/doctors knowing they will moan at me
*To wear nice clothes that I actually like and not just ones that fit
*To do a couple of hours in the gym and still be able to walk home and not feel like I was heading for a heart attack
*To eat in company and not feel embarrassed that I'd eaten everything well before everyone else (I was a very fast eater)

Most of the above applies plus:

Gain my confidence back
Run without sounding like I'm 'clapping'; hell, walking at a brisk pace would be good!
Regaining my libido and not making my husband do all the 'work' (bless him, he still loves me fat and all, just wish I could believe it!)
To be able to wear 'normal' shoes, I'm not asking for killer heels but something with a bit of elegance rather than flat mules, the only thing I can get my blobby feet into sigh!
To be able to give my feet some TLC once in a while, it's been a long time since I could reach to do a pedicure.

But over everything else, my main reason I must do this is so I give myself a chance of seeing my gorgeous little boy grow into an adult and as he's only 7, it's a bit hit and miss with my current state of health I've been told by my doctor!!

mine is-
to be able to run around like a loon with my son.
not be so knackered all the time
not worry when walking into a bar/ club that some one is gonna point out the fat women
to wear the style of clothes i want not just ones that fit!
cheaper clothes!

Back