• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

If you need reminding why you're doing this....

Yay to cheaper clothes!! I'm planning on spending many a Saturday in Primark!

I would love all those things

I want to walk into any shop and buy clothes off the rail
I really would like afull lenght black cashmere coat
When my little girl wants to go on the rollercoasters on holiday I want to join her ..now I'm afraid I'll get stuck
I don't want to be bright red and sweaty at the slightest effort
And when I work a few extra hours for my business I don't want to have to rest up, while my body recovers, for 2 days!!
I want to play with my lttle girl and grand daughter.
Most of all I want to see them grow up

Good morning everyone :)

I have weighed myself this morning as I have done every day for the past 3 months :(. Feeling a little obsessive now LOL. Any way I have gone down from 20st 13lb since I was first refered and had my first appointment. Didnt make the required weight loss by the time I had my first appointment with Mr Shroeder :( but I didnt despair because I had lost 3/4 of it :D. by god it was hard.

My gastroscopy appointment was next and I had lost more than the require amount. YIPPEE!!!

How aweful is that gastroscopy???? couldn't eat properly for about a week after it but had then lost another 5lbs. Great you might say and, I guess it was but since then the weight has been just as hard to shift. I dont eat any differently than normal and wondered why I couldn't shift the next pound.

Imagine my surpise when I got on the scales one day during the last couple of months and realised I was under the 20st mark!! Jumping for joy I immediatly phoned my daughter telling her that I was now 19st 13. That I had shifted a stone in weight since the start of this long journey. MARVELOUS she cried! it felt so good to say I was 19st 13lb and I have been loosing and gaining regularly since.

One day I will have lost maybe 5lbs when I get weighed and thought it was my scales. Then realised it was my clothing. So now I get weighed in my undies and can see when I have genuinely lost a fair amount of weight.

Today I am weighing in at 19st 11lbs in my light clothes. I never know how many pounds to take off for clothing so rarely get weighed dressed. I am looking forward to my surgery on 9th July and am still a little scared. Though I have read a lot of your post op stories I can't help but be scared of such a huge leap into the unknow. But, as I have said to my daughter, "I know its going to hurt but my future is waiting"

I congratulate all those who are on the journey whether Pre-Oppers or Post-Oppers and say "WELL DONE"

I am fairly active, I walk regulary and dont eat much sweet stuff now, (makes me feel sick)

Hi Ladydevilsh,

to post your ticker icon as we have, copy the ticker text below your message above. Go to your User CP and look for your settings. Go to edit signature and paste the text for your ticker in the box there. You will be able to preview it so you can see if it has posted correctly. I believe you would have been disappointed when you didnt see yours on your post. Good luck :)

I couldn't work out how to this thanks

Sarah,

it can be hard to understand for those who aren't computer literate and I know there are some guidance notes in this forum somewhere but I just thought I'd give the heads up on it after seeing a few people who have tried to post their ticker in their message. Often people can't be bothered to faff around with it. So, clear simple instructions work better :D.

Good to see yours finally in place hun. :D

Sarah,

see you have the required amount of posts to do other stuff in this forum.

It has been said that I could talk the hind leg of a donkey and god knows there are plenty of donkeys out there with no hind legs (Poor things) :8855:but lately I have hardly seen anyone to talk too. This forum might yet get me there though :D.

I have found over the last couple of day since I joined that I am leaving other stuff I should be doing to log on in here to see if there is anyone who is feeling the same fear I am. There are a lot!!!

Me too!

My desk is covered in stuff I should be doing.. but now I've made the decision to have WLS I want as much info as possible.

I originally went on You tube and found some very positive stories on there... however there was an awful lot of stuff I just didn't want to get into..plus they were nearly all americans.

Don't get me wrong, I know things can be difficult and things can go wrong, but some of the horror stories were just too much!

This site is full of positive supportive people now I can't wait to get on with it!

not have people stare at you
not have toddlers say that man is really fat out loud in tescos (my last ever visit).

Gosh all of the above apply to me but the main reason I'm doing it is to get my mobility back.

Being literally house bound sucks, I want to be able to pop to the shops, pick the children up from school, browse in a shop etc etc. My back pain is now so severe that none of this is ossible.

I also want to be able to go on days out, fun fairs, theme parks, spa days, aqua parks etc etc.

I want my life back and then watch out world nothing is going to hold me back!

To hear my grandchildren say to me
"Nana will you come and play a footie game with us and be able to say YES!!!!"

Oh gosh am crying!!! I so want that game of footie and I wont care if I fall flat on my face after being tackled by rambuctious toddlers and school kids. I will roll on the ground with them all laughing and joking.

To be able to take my grandson Cole on the much asked for bike ride round the block or over to his house while his mum drives home.
To go into clothes shops and beeline for the smart skinny older woman clothes and not look like an aging granny. I am an aging granny but I dont want to look like one.

To walk in the park or any where and not feel knackered at the end of it.

To go swimmng and not feel like a grounded whale about to make the water jump out of the pool as I jump in :D

I could go on forever but I will save you all the misery. :)

Last edited:
Its never boring to hear peoples aspirations and dreams..

I hope they all come true for you

Ditto!! Threads like this are helpful when you are struck by the "am I doing the right thing thoughts!"

Good Morning All,

Hope everyone is feeling good today and if not I wish you all well :)

Unfortunately I'm not feeling up to par this morning. Even though I have taken lansoprazole I still have heartburn an hour later. :( I have a headache to but I think thats because I didnt sleep to good.
I hope I can still take lansoprazole while on the milk diet or I will be crippled with acid reflux :( and not able to eat anything.
Can someone tell me what the recovery time is, i.e back to normal daily stuff like house work and child minding. I have a 1yr old grandson whom I look after twice a week and will miss having him as I wont be able to pick him up after surgery. Would be good to know what tell my daughter. :thanks:

I'm sorry your not feeling too good today and hope you feel better soon.

I cant comment on the recovery time personally not done it yet, but I'm sure someone will be along to tell you their experience.

Reading through the posts it does seem to be a very individual thig with tiredness being the main factor.

I fully understand about missig your grandson, I have a little granddaughter (7Mths) who if I don't see for a week looks like a totally different baby!!

Hi! They told me four to six weeks for by pass recovery! I have a desk job do desperately hoping to go back to work after to weeks! I am fortunate enough to have a lift to work while recovering!
See what your team recommend but better to fully recover then you will be able to run around after your grandson in no time rather than push your luck and delay recovery! X

Good Morning friends,

Still got a niggly headache but feeling much better than I did yesterday. One good thing came out of yesterday's illness, I lost weight as I didn't eat a lot. Good stead for my pre-op diet. Scales this morning showed 19st 8lbs and that is a loss of 3lbs since Friday :D yeah!!

Well done on the weight loss! Keep going in the right direction!

Back