• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

If you need reminding why you're doing this....

Good Morning All,

Hope everyone is feeling good today and if not I wish you all well :)

Unfortunately I'm not feeling up to par this morning. Even though I have taken lansoprazole I still have heartburn an hour later. :( I have a headache to but I think thats because I didnt sleep to good.
I hope I can still take lansoprazole while on the milk diet or I will be crippled with acid reflux :( and not able to eat anything.
Can someone tell me what the recovery time is, i.e back to normal daily stuff like house work and child minding. I have a 1yr old grandson whom I look after twice a week and will miss having him as I wont be able to pick him up after surgery. Would be good to know what tell my daughter. :thanks:

The main thing that I find difficult is not being able to lift up my daughter. Even though I had a laparoscopic procedure your stomach muscles have still been cut and are very sore. I am ten days post op now and can half drag my daughter up my leg without feeling like my insides are going to fall out but it is still a bit delicate, especially when bending. I hope that helps a little towards your question.

To wake up each morning not worrying if it's another step towards a heart attack
To be an active mother
To take my daughter on an aeroplane (I won't at the mo as too embarrassed in case seat belt doesn't fit)
To be able to exercise without needing 999 on speed dial!
To feel good about myself
To.... Dare I say it...... Feel sexy!

Hey Mightyminx49,

Have you got a hiatus hernia by any chance? I had a fairly large one and suffered with acid reflux and indigestion all the time. Since I had my band done it's gone... Because I told the surgeon of my problem and he fixed it whilst doing my band! It is absolutely bloody bliss!!!

Just a thought...maybe get them to fix it for you when u have yr op!

Cheers .... Sally x

My reasons for having the band fitted.

1. To stop my Mum saying "get on a diet eh!" every time I see her. She means well but it was quite hurtful! Although since op and 10kg weight loss in just over a month, she has been complimentary!

2. So people would be able to say other things than, " you have a beautiful face! ".

3. My dad died from a heart attack aged 53 (28 years ago now), my eldest bro had a heart attack aged 48... Had quad bypass, in March 2011 my middle bro died of a heart attack aged 56 and the youngest bro has just had 3 stents put in. I didn't want to be the 5th one in the family to have heart probs so figure lose 8 stone and it might help!!

4. I want to be able to do active sports, cycling long distance, canoeing, abseiling, scuba diving and lots of exciting stuff that my weight is preventing me from doing.

5. I had a hip replacement 2 years ago at age 42.... My weight must have contributed to that!

6. I would love to be looked at and admired rather than feeling like I want to hide.

7. To help me with self esteem issues......

8. To make my family proud of me.

And many more things......

Thank you for listening!

yes my daughter gets married next may i dont want to be fat mother of the bride im 3 wks post op ive had a few problems but they will sort themselves out ive lost 19lbs in 3 wks im very pleased with that take care xx

Hey all,

thank you so much for all the replies to my question. I was hoping that it wasn't going tp take long to heal enough to get back to normal in as much as (house work, baby sitting and sitting long enough to do my cards) As each day gets closer I am still not totally fearless but at least I have the knowledge that I will change my life 100% and have made a ton of new friends along the way.
:thankyou:

it will be here in no time at all :)

Keep positive we're all here for you ;)

Its a great feeling when the peson who called me a fat b***ch and made my life a misery for the last 3 years (neighbour from hell) is fatter than me
:whistle::giggle: :sign0151: :rotflmao:

great thread!! this stuff is really helping me!

I would love to cover my whole belly in water when lying in bath as no mater how full the bath is it never covers and gets cold lol x x x

suzie290304 said:
I would love to cover my whole belly in water when lying in bath as no mater how full the bath is it never covers and gets cold lol x x x

Hi suzie I feel exactly the same way I had my pre assessment yesterday I have my operation 24 th august. And eventually I would like the bath water to go over my tummy. Have not had that happen since I was at school. I know somewhere inside me is a person trying to escape. Love this site. Keep in touch luv kaz x x x

I agree with the bath thing...also I'd like to sit in the bath with the water the same height in front of me as behind me.....I cause a dam :(

SARAH S said:
I agree with the bath thing...also I'd like to sit in the bath with the water the same height in front of me as behind me.....I cause a dam :(

Ha ha me too!!! That whoosh of water that moves to front of bath when I shift!! :)

I'd also like to be able to bend over in a cubicle shower without my bum wedging against the wall!!!

• To buy cheap clothes.
  • I've a fear im away down in London for work and something happens where I rip my top or something, and I cant find a chubby shop to replace the item....
  • Actually by the BMW Z3 as I can now fit in it!
  • Go on holiday
  • Go to alton towers
  • fall in love with a man who loves me, not just because he likes BBW's....
  • Nice sexy heels
  • Clubbing
  • Sky dive
  • Be able to buy boots that fit my calf
  • To feel comfortable when my friends start talking about how huge they are at size 8. Rather than wanting to hit them lol
  • To work out in a gym without looking like ive been swimming
  • Wrap a towel around me with no gaps..
Wow.. thats quite a lot

wow i all are fab reasons and i feel like i can relate to all of them....ok sorry for lowering the tone...... to try different sexual positions instead of missionary lol...sorry there i said it!

haha shannon. That too!!

Do men really realise the lenghts us girls go to to find a nice sexy outfit? To have holdups that dont cause a podge line above them!!

Oh well, here's to change!

Back